• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue Sneak Preview

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
2d716188e78265aede60186ffa10dd7e.jpg

5218d80e0c4945a77163f00378ccbf7e.jpg

simey83

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/8/12
U.K.
It is a strap monster for sure. That looks VERY good, very close to gen!! They really nailed the blue!!

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Great pictures from cjt202020
The dial looks very good indeed in all those various light conditions, and certainly much better than in the purely white environment of the QC-pictures.
I can't wait to see the side by-side report(s), but so far the rep seems to have no distinguishable colour differences.
It's fair to note that assessment of that is not helped by the watch seemingly changing colours all the time.
Should the length of the crown tube be ok, this could be up there soon with the very best Tudor reps.
Even though I have my blues covered by my beloved Snowflake 9401/0, I'm seriously considering getting this watch.

Reactions: cjt202020

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
The dial looks very good indeed in all those various light conditions, and certainly much better than in the purely white environment of the QC-pictures.
I can't wait to see the side by-side report(s), but so far the rep seems to have no distinguishable colour differences.
It's fair to note that assessment of that is not helped by the watch seemingly changing colours all the time.
Should the length of the crown tube be ok, this could be up there soon with the very best Tudor reps.
Even though I have my blues covered by my beloved Snowflake 9401/0, I'm seriously considering getting this watch.

ba72f15cb20409e949eac953f7e6025e.jpg

Thanks it sits nicely alongside my gen pel and rep bb but look forward to see anyone who’s got gen and rep 58.

Very tempted to put the gen 58 on my Christmas list !

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
dad538f328503878bb8366915e8e9e23.jpg

Mad how it changes in the sunlight. Looking at some gens it’s quite similar, Id say the only thing that lets it down is the depth of the silver dial print and the lack of warm sparkles from the non white gold markers

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
[mention]muiramas [/mention] what do you think chap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere

Have to disagree with you there. The dial is absolute rubbish - just like the ZF BB58 black... from the pics that fellow members have posted thus far, it’s obvious that the dial is flat and not textured. It looks like what they have done is add some metallic gloss to the paint to give a “flakey”, texture-like appearance. However, I’m very disappointed to say this is far from gen. It needs a gen dial at this point to be perfect.

dashing

Dashing Around
Supporter
20/5/18
Metroville
Have to disagree with you there. The dial is absolute rubbish - just like the ZF BB58 black... from the pics that fellow members have posted thus far, it’s obvious that the dial is flat and not textured. It looks like what they have done is add some metallic gloss to the paint to give a “flakey”, texture-like appearance. However, I’m very disappointed to say this is far from gen. It needs a gen dial at this point to be perfect.

How are you able to tell so much from such low-res images? Do you have a ZF on hand to compare?

Otherwise, maybe those with the ZF can chime in on the texture of the dial rather than blind guessing from the images shared. I can share my opinions once my order arrives.

Reactions: Cloney

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
How are you able to tell so much from such low-res images? Do you have a ZF on hand to compare?

Otherwise, maybe those with the ZF can chime in on the texture of the dial rather than blind guessing from the images shared. I can share my opinions once my order arrives.

dashing Looking forward to your assessment. I have the gen.

rush81

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/12

Absolute rubbish??? Lol

Gen

ac3a65dee53da05be31e2630ced96427.jpg

My ZF

93a7f781d25729e85858e9263454a3b9.jpg

Last edited:

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
It’s never gonna be close to gen quality when you see tudors factory setup!

It’s a good try to my eyes and think they’ve used the grime from factory floors to add some texture to the dial which has inadvertently made it go different colours in different lighting conditions which I quite like. (Looked a bit green this morning in overcast light !)

Feels more special than a Seiko or random / sterile homage

Wise

Horology Curious
2/7/20
For 1/10th of the price, I think the dial is just something you have to live with, not a deal breaker for me...