• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue Sneak Preview

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
Tube on PTs site looks to be much improved. Ordered, let’s see...
c253754521f868a1002f2941703faef8.jpg

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
The crown tube is the same for this model. Some pics might look longer because of the angle and camera used.

ZF factory has already updated all the case kit for the Black Bay 58.

TUD077_14.jpg

Tube length looks great! Andrew, any info regarding the dial texture?? ZF bb58 black wasn’t textured as gen, rather smooth dial finish. Hoping this is rectified.

mrbrown0916

Certified
24/1/15
QC Pics just came in. Is it me, or does the tube/crown look longer in some pics than others?
In the pics where the tube doesn't seem as long, doesn't appear to be much longer (if any) than retail.
Also, dial print seems to be pretty accurate with retail. Placement in relation to markers, size etc. Can't tell about the dial texture because of the lighting (shadowing rather).
Anyone else have any opinions/thoughts?
I'll likely be giving the greenlight in a few hours.

Reactions: Therion666

mrbrown0916

Certified
24/1/15
QC Pics just came in. Is it me, or does the tube/crown look longer in some pics than others?
In the pics where the tube doesn't seem as long, doesn't appear to be much longer (if any) than retail.
Also, dial print seems to be pretty accurate with retail. Placement in relation to markers, size etc. Can't tell about the dial texture because of the lighting (shadowing rather).
Anyone else have any opinions/thoughts?
I'll likely be giving the greenlight in a few hours.

Forgot to add this one too showing the tube length from behind

nikkorbot

Horology Curious
12/6/14
It could be just the angle of the pic- but- I think the 12 o'clock indice looks sliightly shifted to the right of the tudor shield logo. The 6'clock marker also looks shifted to the left of the dial marker. Else- it looks pretty darn good.

mrbrown0916

Certified
24/1/15
It could be just the angle of the pic- but- I think the 12 o'clock indice looks sliightly shifted to the right of the tudor shield logo. The 6'clock marker also looks shifted to the left of the dial marker. Else- it looks pretty darn good.

I def see the 6 o’clock marker slightly shifted to the left. Nothing that will bother me...yet.

Sent from the RWI App

mrbrown0916

Certified
24/1/15

I def see the 6 o’clock marker slightly shifted to the left. Nothing that will bother me...yet.

Sent from the RWI App

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

That’s common on the other zf tudor models too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
I remember buying my bb58 and the tube length concern with the ZZF V2. Received my qc and saw a few pics same as showed here before and GL it. It’s one of the best reps I own, my watchmaker did service to the 2824 movement (not for anything special) and he was very impressed by the quality. Size is kind of small for me, but definitely in rotation.
now this blue is itching. Damn!

Last edited:

mrbrown0916

Certified
24/1/15
I remember buying my bb58 and the tube length concern with the ZZF V2. Received my qc and saw a few pics same as showed here before and GL it. It’s one of the best reps I own, my watchmaker did service to the 2824 movement (not for anything special) and he was very impressed by the quality. Size is kind of small for me, but definitely in rotation.
now this blue is itching. Damn!

Good to hear and I have the GL earlier today. I’ll keep this thread updated once I receive.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: HomeRye and Ecender

Stylust

Looking Around
26/1/20
Probably the lighting, but shouldn't the second hand be a silver centre and all the hands have a silver keyline to match the gen.

Last edited:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Those are eagle eyes you have, good catch.

This is why I always hesitate getting a zf. Their qc is the most inconsistent I have seen. I have owned 1 bb58 and Harrods and both had some dirty that it was impossible to see on qc but when it was dark I could see the dirty in the hands and it drove me nuts but I have to say Tudor lume is one of the best I have seen. Thar being said also bought one of these lol.

Reactions: nycwatchguy1989