• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue Sneak Preview

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Definitely no engraved movement, more of a good ol'cheap 2824.
Mine keeps great time so far, but the datas are pretty erratic when checking the different positions on the timegrapher.
90abcf7fc2793cbcb8c860fa26da81ea.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
That's surprising! I expected a Tudor engraved rotor at least! Makes sense though, why bother wasting time on an irrelevance.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Never understood why they engrave any AETA movements, waste of time and money.

By the way are your rotors also so loud?

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Never understood why they engrave any AETA movements, waste of time and money.

By the way are your rotors also so loud?

most of the time they do it to deceive people with less knowledge about movements or like noob to sell expensive timebombs lol

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
AAAAAGH I can't choose between the new Blue and the classic Black... I somehow fancy the blue because it looks so "readable", and the colors of the black are very similar to my new Omega NTTD.. Is the movement actually engraved like the original?
I ordered both.
Maybe I will decide to keep one

Inviato dal mio SM-G781B utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: airbowatch

Durix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/14
Does anyone knows the diameter of the spring I should buy to replace the stock ones?
They look very insecure.

Thanks.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Durix

22/6/14
Does anyone knows the diameter of the spring I should buy to replace the stock ones?
They look very insecure.

Thanks.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

dashing

Dashing Around
20/5/18
Metroville
They look very insecure.

I'm using 20mm spring bars, diameter ~1.7mm. Got them from crown&buckle, together with some of their chevron nato.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Springbars would benefit a change for better ones yes.

Love that watch too. Bracelet has been lubed and watch waterproofed, and it did'nt leave my wrist for the last few days.
969d6931834d883a068afac964f5f13e.jpg
ea6a1694c4bece84e1dfc9b95d40efe4.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Antoine-BZH

17/9/18
Paris
This rep seems very nice IMO.
Still hesitating between a GMT Master II or this one... But I think Tudor is more “easy” to wear than Rolex !

Bronz

Horology Curious
2/12/20
HALIFAX NS Canada
Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new here and to reps so my eye in catching discrepancies are probably off - but the BB58 - blue seems like its so close to gen, I don't even know why people bother with the gen. The things that mostly differentiated the original bb58 with the gen - the color of the guilt and the texture of the dial - isn't consequential with the blue. As far as I've seen and i've read is the only differences are not a 100% accurate color pearl and the crown being slightly "dirtier". Considering both of these things can change on the gen itself over time, is there any reason not to give this NWBG status?

I'm not a big fan of Tudors but this blue, the timeless simplicity and the relative gen accuracy (at least in my view) of this watch made me pull the trigger on it for my first high level rep purchase. I also think this will be a nato strap monster.

Looking forward to getting this thing in!

Last edited:

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new here and to reps so my eye in catching discrepancies are probably off - but the BB58 - blue seems like its so close to gen, I don't even know why people bother with the gen. The things that mostly differentiated the original bb58 with the gen - the color of the guilt and the texture of the dial - isn't consequential with the blue. As far as I've seen and i've read is the only differences are not a 100% accurate color pearl and the crown being slightly "dirtier". Considering both of these things can change on the gen itself over time, is there any reason not to give this NWBG status?

I'm not a big fan of Tudors but this blue, the timeless simplicity and the relative gen accuracy (at least in my view) of this watch made me pull the trigger on it for my first high level rep purchase. I also think this will be a nato strap monster.

Looking forward to getting this thing in!

The A2824 movement may be a little of a problem.

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
The A2824 movement may be a little of a problem.

What’s the problem? As rep movements go these are fairly solid. Mine keeps very good time, better than several gen ETA2824 pieces and also my gen Tudor GMT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dashing

Dashing Around
20/5/18
Metroville
Lume shot, illuminated with a UV torch.

Some differences in the lume when shone on with UV light:-
  1. hour & minute hands, and markers at 3, 6, 9 & 12
  2. the remaining markers
Although it is possible to see some differences, they are negligible on hand. If someone is coming to you with a UV torch just for the sake of checking for tells, you better start running.

ZYrtaW.md.png

Last edited:

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
What’s the problem? As rep movements go these are fairly solid. Mine keeps very good time, better than several gen ETA2824 pieces and also my gen Tudor GMT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you it’s a solid movement, works perfect in my bb58 black.
for some it may be a problem not to get a clone movement, therefore not the nwbg status, among other flaws already stated.

interbeing

7/1/19
I agree with you it’s a solid movement, works perfect in my bb58 black.
for some it may be a problem not to get a clone movement, therefore not the nwbg status, among other flaws already stated.

Speaking of the movement does anyone know if it's a Seagull made 2824? Have had mine for 3 weeks or so now keeps good time haven't wound it since I got it :D.

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
Lume shot, illuminated with a UV torch.

Some differences in the lume when shone on with UV light:-
  1. hour & minute hands, and markers at 3, 6, 9 & 12
  2. the remaining markers
Although it is possible to see some differences, they are negligible on hand. If someone is coming to you with a UV torch just for the sake of checking for tells, you better start running.

ZYrtaW.md.png

Mine is similar, but only when you put the UV beam on it. If you let it glow it is fine.