ZF Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue Sneak Preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedy1969 View Post

Have to disagree with you there. The dial is absolute rubbish - just like the ZF BB58 black... from the pics that fellow members have posted thus far, it’s obvious that the dial is flat and not textured. It looks like what they have done is add some metallic gloss to the paint to give a “flakey”, texture-like appearance. However, I’m very disappointed to say this is far from gen. It needs a gen dial at this point to be perfect.
    Absolute rubbish??? Lol

Gen

My ZF

Last edited by rush81; 20-11-20, 09:47.

Comment

It’s never gonna be close to gen quality when you see tudors factory setup!

It’s a good try to my eyes and think they’ve used the grime from factory floors to add some texture to the dial which has inadvertently made it go different colours in different lighting conditions which I quite like. (Looked a bit green this morning in overcast light !)

Feels more special than a Seiko or random / sterile homage

Comment

Originally posted by rush81 View Post

Absolute rubbish??? Lol

Gen

My ZF

Thanks, that`s good enough for me
        Omega: 2 x Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Liquidmetal \ Speedmaster Apollo XVII \ Seamaster The James Bond 007 - 50th Anniversiy Ceramic \
        Aqua Terra Grey Dial 007 \ Seamaster Diver 300 Blue Dial \ Planet Ocean CrPO 42mm Noob \ Vintage Seamaster 300 Military \
        Rolex: Daytona 2016 116500 modded \ GMT Master II 16710 Red/Black \ Yacht-Master 116622 Noob Grey Dial \ Submariner 116610 Hulk \ Datejust blue dial \
        IWC: Portugese Chrono 3714 \ Top Gun Chrono PVD

Tudor: Heritage Black Bay Bronze \ Heritage Black Bay Red Bezel
        Porsche Design: Flat Six Chronograph P6000 - A7750
        Montblanc: Timewalker GMT - Swiss ETA 2836-2

Comment

Originally posted by rush81 View Post

Absolute rubbish??? Lol
          I'm not sure "absolute rubbish" is appropriate, but I also don't think super zoomed in macro shots is the best way to compare dials. Side by side shots from wrist distance seems to be a good way to capture the differences. See RepJunkie's photos from his comparison below (gen on right; ZZF v2 on left):

Comment

For 1/10th of the price, I think the dial is just something you have to live with, not a deal breaker for me...

Comment

Black BB58: Who cares about the dial texture when the hour markers and hands are so much whiter than the gen.

Blue rep at least doesnt have this problem.
              There could be a small difference in the dial texture, but certainly not noticeable on the wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by stufuse View Post
                [mention]muiramas [/mention] what do you think chap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Hey bud, sorry - just got your PM. The tag never got picked up by the forum.

It looks good. I think the discussion on if the blue is right or not is redundant as the gen changes so much. If light hits it oblique, its blue, if light is coming from a shallow angle, its more black.

Dial texture is similarly not a good discussion. What defines the dial is how it behaves in light. It can be matt or satin. It doesn’t matter what the texture is if the effect in light is wrong.

I can see the case and bracelet dont look as refined / smooth on the rep, but again - hard to be sure in a photograph.

Comment

Mirotime always delivers ???? see below for new BB58 links:

* Video here *****************.com/NIotRx5.mp4
                  * Picture here *****************.com/0SrkrzW.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Just got mine in. First thing I notice, bezel is so hard to turn...Any suggestions...Review and pics to follow soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbrown0916 View Post
                      Just got mine in. First thing I notice, bezel is so hard to turn...Any suggestions...Review and pics to follow soon.
                      Had the exact same problem with my original BB58 - was unable to figure out a solution, interested if anyone else has figured something out as well.

Comment

Here's a side-by-side photo with the genuine watch from Revolper 's sales listing (LINK):

ZF on the left; GEN on the right

Comment

The pearl looks very different. Nicer on the rep tbh.
                          Just trying to earn as much in my life as Tete earns in a single month.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoons View Post
                            Here's a side-by-side photo with the genuine watch from Revolper 's sales listing (LINK):

ZF on the left; GEN on the right

Same issue with the standard zf then lume whiter on hands than on hour markers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GingerBubba View Post
                              The pearl looks very different. Nicer on the rep tbh.
                              Agree. Personally I prefer the darker blue of the rep dial too

Comment

Yes, sadly the different lume color /hands/markers is quite regular. The pearl is different indeed, but looks really good on the rep.
                                I should get mine next week, can't wait to try it.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X