• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep, ZF Tudor GMT Arrived Today. Mixed Feelings

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Twist it? I’m not sure what you mean. I would have the bezel completely removed from the watch and then along the inside edge where the insert meets the bezel I would insert something very thin and fairly flexible, like a small artists palette knife and slide that in between the two and rotate the bezel in my hand, the knife cutting any glue as it goes along.

Any issues and you can use a heat gun or hair drier to soften the adhesive.

Eventually you will complete one rotation and the insert should come free, never use a prying or twisting motion to free the insert as it will slightly buckle or bend and will never be the same again.

remove all residual glue from both the bezel and insert and do a final clean with IPA. Reinstall the bezel to the watch and apply whatever adhesive or cement you intend on using, staying to the outside edge of the bezel. Ensure the bezel is fully seated properly and not half way between a click and then line up your insert to 12 o’clock and install. Once you are sure it is lined up apply pressure to set into position.

there are heaps of YouTube videos. What a bunch first.

Thanks! I was referring to a technique that someone else mentioned in which they heated up the adhesive until gummy and then twisted the insert slightly to align it properly. When you mentioned heat I thought that's what you were getting at.

RaoulDuke

Horology Curious
5/9/20
Thanks! I was referring to a technique that someone else mentioned in which they heated up the adhesive until gummy and then twisted the insert slightly to align it properly. When you mentioned heat I thought that's what you were getting at.

Yep, you can heat and try to just rotate the insert to get the alignment right, but it depends on many factors, like how the insert is adhered. I’d at least get the bezel off if you intend to apply significant heat so you aren’t heating the watch as well but each to their own.

Itsfake

Looking Around
13/11/20
It is gluestripped in. The OEM bezel fits in perfect. Would highly recommend OEM bezel Changes the watch

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
TBH I would enjoy it for what it is rather than what it isn’t. I had one of these before I bought the gen and when it’s on the wrist it really is a great out of the box rep.

Comparing your photos with the gen on my wrist, I can see a couple of other ‘tells’ but that’s being ultra picky and really zooming in on your photos. The bezel insert alignment is an easy fix, sort that out and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redheart

17/5/19
If it's your first rep let me tell you this, you will never get a perfect fit and finish at that price. But if you consider sending it to a rep friendly watchmaker, he could adjust everything, and also maybe service it so you have in the end a way better finished product like all your gens. The price will still be good, and you would possibly pay more to have your gen serviced anyways. My two cents as usual, i have a noob Daytona sent to a watchmaker, adjusted hands and bezel, and partially serviced, and it's smooth and aligned the money spent was worth it. I didn't have the skills or the guts to at the time to do it myself on that movement... :)