• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Tudor Black Bay 58 in Blue!

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
It does look great. I’m gonna book in to try on at the AD, then make up my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plantagenet

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
A lot of people have been put off by the date problem on the gmt it seems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah the date problem is very widespread. Some have reported on a non-scientific basis that it is as much as 50%. Guy was in a facebook group or something and asked every member and 50% had to return their watch for service on the date change.

Secondly, I think the fact that it's 14mm tall is finally bothering consumers.

The BB58 is adequately thin and hits a lot of sweet spot notes.

loercase

Horology Curious
11/5/20
I think it looks great, but maybe I still prefer the orignal Black Bay 58.

That said, anybody think we will get a new rep for it soon? The ZF BB58 was released almost 1.5 years ago.

_JD_

All is vanity
Supporter
Certified
4/1/19
EU
Am I the one who loves this watch, but why they dont do a date option????! Tudor, pls, do it! :D

dukey1337

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
15/6/20
Wow! It's beautiful. In another comparison it looked so dark (against the pelagos) but I really love the color.

I grew fond of non-date watches lately. partly because of decreasing eyesight and because of too little room in the watch winder.
And of course it looks so much cleaner.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
AD chasing me to go in today....ummm

Reactions: Thrasher

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Never did I imagine I would be tempted to buy a Tudor REP or GEN entirely based on what I consider and ugly hour hand. But this Blue is So nice, really the nicest shade of Blue I have ever seen on a watch, That coupled with the SS and white......Well I'm for sure getting the Rep. the only drawback for me is the 39mm as I have a Large wrist.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Never did I imagine I would be tempted to buy a Tudor REP or GEN entirely based on what I consider and ugly hour hand. But this Blue is So nice, really the nicest shade of Blue I have ever seen on a watch, That coupled with the SS and white......Well I'm for sure getting the Rep. the only drawback for me is the 39mm as I have a Large wrist.

The hour hand was an issue for me but I’ve grown to like it.

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe

It wears like 40

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

I have 8.8 inch wrist on a warm day. It depends what you are coming from. Agains a 47mm PAM it feel small but I have tried on the GEN BB58 black and find it to fit just right.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I have 8.8 inch wrist on a warm day. It depends what you are coming from. Agains a 47mm PAM it feel small but I have tried on the GEN BB58 black and find it to fit just right.

The lugs appear a little longer then a ceramic sub.

[mention]Thrasher [/mention] if you wear a 5digit Rolex, (which you do a few of) as I did, you can wear a BB58 and not worry about the size. It just sits a bit closer to The skin.

Reactions: johnlogan

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
I bet the first version will not take this into account and after 'standard' BB58 I have serious doubts if they will be able to replicate that blue dial accurately

These are my concerns, but if there is enough demand for these models I guess they (or at least I hope) that they are going to stay behind the correct bracelet color & the fitting blue of the dial/bezel. However I think that these details could be more of a challenge than people would expect due to the fact they the base is 1:1 the BB58 black but then again the difference in color is the most and highest distinguishing factor. Lets see what the factories come up with but as you said I wont think it will be until at least v3 that it will look decent haha.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
These are my concerns, but if there is enough demand for these models I guess they (or at least I hope) that they are going to stay behind the correct bracelet color & the fitting blue of the dial/bezel. However I think that these details could be more of a challenge than people would expect due to the fact they the base is 1:1 the BB58 black but then again the difference in color is the most and highest distinguishing factor. Lets see what the factories come up with but as you said I wont think it will be until at least v3 that it will look decent haha.

In a year or two you can just buy the genuine at Jomashop for $2700 if these issues of color and tone are not resolved by the factories.

Reactions: TheController

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Look at these guys, Paid $3700 or less from their AD and flipping for a profit....Come to think of it...LOL

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach

While awaiting for the Blue 58 to get repped I ordered this Blue 41mm ( and Red 41mm )
Buddy of mine received his GEN yr.day. Looked very nice. I will try to get some pics later.

I never liked these but the Blue has really caught my eye now and $288 thats a crazy great price. With A2824 which is so easy to service or replace with swiss 2824 makes this a long term winner.