• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Tudor Black Bay 58 in Blue!

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Blue dials are a soft spot for me, pretty excited. For those on the Reddit Rep groups there's some chatter and (supposedly) leaked photos.

I have no sources I know personally and am only posting photos I found on Reddit!! Please take these with a grain of salt.

Looks promising though...
bca96e933094bc4f17284e0f9e75aa82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What do you mean? The watch is all over the Internet already.

Reactions: Flaskevin

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Completely agree.

I understand why some prefer the colder more austere appearance of this blue/silver variant, but for me a big part of the appeal of the BB58 is the warm vintage feel of the gold hands, creamy lume and gilt dial. That is totally missing from this blue variant.

Don't get me wrong, this blue variant is a very nice watch in its own right, but to me its missing something compelling enough to add it to the collection.

Actually, the flaws on the current ZF BB 58 are such that even the rep falls down on recreating the warm vintage look and feel of the gen, which is what has kept me from picking up a BB58 rep. However, the gen BB58 is towards the top of my list of pick-ups if I happen to come across a decent deal on one (unlikely!).

Yeah, me too. I'm not going to suck up to an AD or get on some waiting list. If I see one on a bracelet I'll get it on 4 years interest-free. That way I can just forget about the outlay.

My other gripe about the blue is they should have gone with square indices.

I know the reason is the Pelagos, but it shouldn't matter. The Pelegos is the modern Tudor Submariner in the same way as the ceramic Submariner is. They are both too big and chunky.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackflash

Wise

Horology Curious
2/7/20
Haha it's news to me! Just passing on pics I saw.

The watch was released yesterday, you can even buy it in AD's assuming they have it in stock now...

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Looks amazing! Hope an early rep release because this gen probably is going to be waitlisted and full retail price

IMO a red dial diver seems like an almost impossible release from Tudor

I enquired, It’s not hard to get. Most retailers have them or can have stock again by august. Just need to pay deposit to secure one.

That’s where I live anyway.
ca16ab619bf339e34545720a996d38bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Thrasher

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19
I enquired, It’s not hard to get. Most retailers have them or can have stock again by august. Just need to pay deposit to secure one.

I was offered one- really surprised me and a colleague picked it up.

Showed my interest on getting a black one on a discount for my BDay and told me that it will be fine- I got a good relationship with them so I hope they can make me a nice offer.

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.

Rang my go to AD and said I can have one within the month although they have a few on the list for this and the other 58 is still around a 6 mth wait apparently.
Gmt in stock now so it seems the 58 is either produced in lower numbers or it’s the more desired model in the black bay lineup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Rang my go to AD and said I can have one within the month although they have a few on the list for this and the other 58 is still around a 6 mth wait apparently.
Gmt in stock now so it seems the 58 is either produced in lower numbers or it’s the more desired model in the black bay lineup.

That’s surprising, as the GMT was once the model to buy, I agree with the 58 is most desirable probably. I’d put that down to its size the other tudor BBs are quite hefty at 41mm

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
That’s surprising, as the GMT was once the model to buy, I agree with the 58 is most desirable probably. I’d put that down to its size the other tudor BBs are quite hefty at 41mm

A lot of people have been put off by the date problem on the gmt it seems.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
A lot of people have been put off by the date problem on the gmt it seems.

Indeed it does, I just got the ZF BB58 and like all their tudor models it’s very well built at the price point. I like the idea of the new navy blue58 in Gen as there isn’t any rep of it (yet). That said, Gen is always Gen though. £2760 for a new diver with in house movement it’s good

Redjack2k

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/19
USA

Agree. It's that 39mm size....just perfect for the average wrist, not too chunky or bulk. And now in blue?! Tudor FTW! This reminds me of the Bronze Blue Bucherer but in a size I would buy.

Given the above testimonials, I feel I need to scoop it up before the waitlists!

Reactions: stufuse

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Pics please!

++++111 I really wanna see the dynamic of the blue in different lights. I’ve read it’s a lot darker than the blue pelagos

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Looks pretty much the perfect blue!

Reactions: Plantagenet