• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yodog built 9401 snowflake

chicago83

Known Member
19/1/09
i saw this just pop back up and love your sub on the strap i bought a jubilee and rivet for mine but after seeing this changed it back to the strap. These vintage tudors look sooo good on the straps...just my opinion

Reactions: jackflash

Uhrenfreund_1975

Horology Curious
16/11/20
Fantastic looking watches - congrats to all. New here and great posts! Also I let built a Snowflake. Not very good. Case reference from RLX 1680 and window position not really good. Nevertheless ETA movement is ok and ghost bezel looks nice. What do you think?

chicago83

Known Member
19/1/09
I like the dial. the funny thing about it..ive read numerous times that most people ie 99.9 % of people cant even tell the difference. im not an expert by any means but i like it. i just switched mine back to the leather strap only because i personally thing it looks more vintage but just my opinion

Uhrenfreund_1975

Horology Curious
16/11/20
chicago83 - thanks for the reply. I agree that most of the persons may not recognize the difference. Sometimes it is just the thing that yourself know it :). Absolutely agree with the leather strap. Will switch it. Also have a grey nato and also may give it a shot. Will post some photos later with it.

chicago83

Known Member
19/1/09
i had mine on a grey nato. i did like bracel but on this one i just prefer strap heres mine on the grey nato

Uhrenfreund_1975

Horology Curious
16/11/20
Thank you. This is the new one. My old crystal had issues with position of magnifier. Date was not perfectly aligned and looked strange. Here some photos also on some straps.

Uhrenfreund_1975

Horology Curious
16/11/20

So project completed with better crystal. Although the magnifier is not that huge, but alignment to date window is better now. Put my 15 year old disstressed Rios strap on the watch to underline the vintage style. What do you think? Grey Nato is also a good option.

Uhrenfreund_1975

Horology Curious
16/11/20
chicago83 : thanks a lot. Actually still not 100% happy. Date window location and size is not correct, case dimensions not sure - case number definitely not. Magnifier also not super. Nevertheless no other chance to wear it :)

chicago83

Known Member
19/1/09
I hear ya but...in my opinion if you didnt tell me that stuff i would have no idea looks really nice.

chicago83

Known Member
19/1/09
i noticed the crown on mine looked a lil weird. Yodog mentioned everything on mine was gen spec etc gave me build specs i was happy with it. Then a buddy of mine showed me his gen 1680 sub with a crown that looked similar that was a service crown any ways both these look great!

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
Oh, wow, that's gorgeous.

What bezel insert is that? Is that Yuki? I am currently building some vintage Seiko mod in a 5513 case and the nuance of that blue looks a lot better than the ones I got from eBay. Does anyone know where I can buy a similar color bezel? I don't care about accuracy as it's fantasy build, just want that light blue, most seem to be a darker with a bit violet blue which doesn't match the dial I choose too well.

chicago83

Known Member
19/1/09
Oh, wow, that's gorgeous.

What bezel insert is that? Is that Yuki? I am currently building some vintage Seiko mod in a 5513 case and the nuance of that blue looks a lot better than the ones I got from eBay. Does anyone know where I can buy a similar color bezel? I don't care about accuracy as it's fantasy build, just want that light blue, most seem to be a darker with a bit violet blue which doesn't match the dial I choose too well.

yes was yuki

Reactions: smokiedabong