• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF BB58 new release!

Spoons

Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/4/19
Whats wrong with the dial exactly? (Besides lume)

Dial texture on the rep is flat, whereas the gen has a distinct texture to it. Below photo courtesy of RepJunkie's excellent comparison thread:

nO8si.jpg

IMO, if they fixed the lume, dial texture and made the bezel markings a bit thicker, this would be a super rep.

Last edited:

RepJunkie

Known Member
24/1/19
Dial texture on the rep is flat, whereas the gen has a distinct texture to it. Below photo courtesy of RepJunkie's excellent comparison thread:

nO8si.jpg

IMO, if they fixed the lume, dial texture and made the bezel markings a bit thicker, this would be a super rep.

Haha, thanks for the shoutout. I agree, but something else that is really bothering me is the slight mismatch in lume on hands and dials. If there was any way to get gen dial and hands, I would. Any ideas ?

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Haha, thanks for the shoutout. I agree, but something else that is really bothering me is the slight mismatch in lume on hands and dials. If there was any way to get gen dial and hands, I would. Any ideas ?

Reluming is the only option, I dont think you can find gen dial and hands and they would cost one third of gen watch

RepJunkie

Known Member
24/1/19
Reluming is the only option, I dont think you can find gen dial and hands and they would cost one third of gen watch

That's true.. kind of beats the point of getting a rep! Hopefully a V3 comes along and some TDs sell the dials and hands.

Reactions: Cadows

TimeRep

Looking Around
31/3/20
Asked Li in regards to the XF BB58. Currently no information has been released by the factory. However, Im excited for a version of the watch which addresses most issues from the ZF v2.

Reactions: Eidolon

Eidolon

Looking Around
13/8/19
Fab, thanks TimeRep. BB58's sell in seconds on the for sale forum, it appears to be an incredibly popular watch.

RepJunkie

Known Member
24/1/19
Asked Li in regards to the XF BB58. Currently no information has been released by the factory. However, Im excited for a version of the watch which addresses most issues from the ZF v2.

Same here, I asked Li if he knew whether there would be an updated BB58 (either XF or ZF v3) but he said he hasn't heard anything. I would really love a darker dial and hands with lume that really match the dial. Went to check with RafflesDials if they had any plans for the BB58 insert, they said no plans as of now. Oh well, guess all we can really do now is just wait!

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Same here, I asked Li if he knew whether there would be an updated BB58 (either XF or ZF v3) but he said he hasn't heard anything. I would really love a darker dial and hands with lume that really match the dial. Went to check with RafflesDials if they had any plans for the BB58 insert, they said no plans as of now. Oh well, guess all we can really do now is just wait!

Is dial color has to be pure black?

RepJunkie

Known Member
24/1/19
You mean its “gilt” dial?

Had to google gilt, but yes! That, and a proper lume match between the dial and hands would make the watch perfect. Shorter crown tube ? Meh, not the biggest issue for me.

Reactions: Cadows

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Cadows Bruh where did you get this news from? If XF looks better, I might just get one to compare with my Gen (provided its does not come with decorated Miyota crap). However, in the first post the pic looks like a ZF with thin Bezerl markers and super white lume.

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
I was saving up to buy a bb58 but have had to redirect those funds else where! Hopefully these will be more widely available when I've saved up again.

Won't be seeing any BB58 any soon since Rolex factory is closed due to COVID. Grey market resellers are having a field day with price gouging atm.

Last edited:

RepJunkie

Known Member
24/1/19
Won't be seeing any BB58 any soon since Rolex factory is closed due to COVID. Grey market resellers are having a field day with price gouging atm.

ADs were doing a similar thing in the past (maybe present too?). Making it seem as if the BB58 was a rolex and you needed to be a VIP customer to get it. Pretty pissing off.

katak

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/20
I'll check this topic, expecting a new version! :)

time2watch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/20
Following this as well. Was waiting for ZF v3. Pleasant surprise from XF!