• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can´t find Black Tudor Pelagos v5 ETA

manolisimo

Horology Curious
4/8/14
Madrid
Hello everyone! its been a while since the last time i was aroud. Although I continued reading the forum eventually, I have some doubts that maybe you can help me clear.
I see that most of you reached a consense about wich Tudor Pelagos Rep is better The V6F V5 Version with the 2824 caliber, since the Miyota, as always still quite noisy, but also i´ve seen a few qc pictures of it, and well, the dial and the lume were not really the ones of a high end rep, i dont know is this problem is already solved. Also its being really dificult to find among all the TD, someone who has the v4 or v5. I used to own the v2 wich i bough from torobravos in 2016, but i went back to his webpage and still selling the v2 (terrible lume). Do you know any TD who has the latest v5 2824 version.
Thank you very much in advance

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
I am told that there's no black Tudor Pelagos with an Asian clone ETA available these days. There is a blue, however. I don't know this first hand, but was asking about it and that's the word on the street. There is, however, a black with the Miyota, but that sounds like a baby rattle. Mine did, anyway. People have said you can oil the rotor but I sent mine to a forum approved watchmaker (either from here or RWG, can't recall) and he couldn't help me. Avoid.

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Yes I was surprised one of my supplier wanted to sell a ZF pelagos and told me its a miyota.. thought he got it mixed with xf. Just avoid all the Miyota! Not worth the pain. It rattles too much and there is nothing you can do about it. The issue is the built of the rotor.. the rotor will rattle and grind to the decorated plate. They should just not do the decorated movement if they insist on Miyota 905S movement.

rrodriguezgarcia

Known Member
21/12/19
Spain
I believe that if you want a black Pelagos with ETA movement you have to look at the latest ZF model and I think it is also very well finished.

Enviado desde mi VOG-L29 mediante Tapatalk