• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pelagos LHD

hr10

Horology Curious
9/2/20
Hey Guys

First time poster and long time lurker here. I am about to buy a GEN Pelagos LHD
Watch comes in full set with box and warranty card. I read the ZF is very close to GEN and hard to distinguish with no side by side comparison. I just want to know since each watch has a different number of production on the back, does all ZF have a different number as well? Does a watch with box and paper mean it’s most likely GEN? Is there serial number on watch so I can match with warranty card without opening the case?

Thanks a bunch!

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I would have to check but I think my card shows the serial that's on the watch.

Rep is close to get but is lacking the quality and there are few things that you can spot it's fake like square markers and dial is not as textured, logo is less bold etc. And I saw few people had problems with the springs in the clasps.

hr10

Horology Curious
9/2/20
I would have to check but I think my card shows the serial that's on the watch.

Rep is close to get but is lacking the quality and there are few things that you can spot it's fake like square markers and dial is not as textured, logo is less bold etc. And I saw few people had problems with the springs in the clasps.

Is the serial number outside the watch?

hr10

Horology Curious
9/2/20
Thanks
Apparently even the production number on the back of the watch is different on ZF ones...

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Yes zf apply random serial number, if you're unsure i wouldn't buy it online

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
Movement Time Setting has different crown Direction of Rotation Rep vs. Gen

Reactions: hr10

hr10

Horology Curious
9/2/20
Yes zf apply random serial number, if you're unsure i wouldn't buy it online

You mean the production number?
The watch comes with warranty card, box and booklets, can I match the serial number with the watch? Or Rep has the warranty card with serial number matches the watch?

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
You mean the production number?
The watch comes with warranty card, box and booklets, can I match the serial number with the watch? Or Rep has the warranty card with serial number matches the watch?

You can have a rep with matching SN

Day13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/18
UK
The lume on the Pelagos is amazing!

Last edited:

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
Tried two TD’s for the rep and no luck. Anyone have one they want to sell?

i am thinking about going gen for this one, I love it.

jdr66

26/9/18
The Netherlands
Hi all

Does anybody know if there are any about? I would like to have one but they doesn’t seem to be available anymore. Such a shame.

Last edited:

jdr66

26/9/18
The Netherlands
I just saw a message on a German forum that Trusty has XF Pelagos LHD exclusively.
I think I will pull the trigger on that one. 7% rebate as well.