• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay red Rose

kaegel

Known Member
17/9/16
Hello Foristi,

I have a black bay red with the smiley face since last week in the third attempt. I bought them here on the MP, after I ever had one, let her go again. Then another bought, because I've missed her ... You know that. Unfortunately, this never arrived because I fell for a scammer. It's a pity about the money, but after I was on the net since the beginning of 1993 and the first time that I was deducted, that's probably quite good in the statistics.

Oh well. All good, since I have a BB again. This time even with an upgraded Sellita
I really like to wear her, but she has a hard time against the black one. Anyway, I want to keep the red one. Unfortunately, the dial bothers me a lot. Just the lume. The indices on 12, 3, 6 and 9 are much weaker. That is really annoying.

I saw and saw that Helenarou has a new dial including hands. Unfortunately with C1-Lume. I asked what aging costs. Beats another 45 dollars. Total cost is $ 95 + $ 24 + $ 45 + shipping. In the end, the installation is added and I'm at about 220 euros. I doubt if this is a good idea or if I do not immediately buy the original. Of course, it is completely clear to me that the original costs 4 times as much ....
Do you know other sources of supply for dial and pointer? Helenarou is said to have the best, unfortunately, the indices on 3 and 9 are not adapted to the dial and are probably a bit off.

I'm an adult and can make decisions pretty well, but I'm torn.
What would you do?

best,
k.

CanRep

13/10/18
Go Gen. Thats what I did because being a perfectionist, the dial print was making me bonkers. Never regretted a single watch I sold to get my red :).

Reactions: kaegel

kaegel

Known Member
17/9/16
I am really thinking about it... sell 2 or 3 watches and than go gen. I dont know yet. No Option for a good dial?

CanRep

13/10/18
I am really thinking about it... sell 2 or 3 watches and than go gen. I dont know yet. No Option for a good dial?

I've seen one or two Gen dials come up on eBay before, but around the $350usd range, so depends on how much you are ok with spending on a franken watch. For me, I was more interested in going Gen at that rate and grabbing a rep shield down the road as it's pretty near perfect out of the box.
​​

Reactions: Dirtydaps