• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

On the fence about a ZF Tudor GMT Pepsi

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
Li has them at Jtime and sent me some QC pics from a previous buyer for examples.
Searching around the forum, everyone are touting how many inconsistencies there are and that they would wait for "V2".
Does anyone have an idea when V2 would be released, or has that already happened?

JTime doesn't have them listed on their site, but pure time does from November 3rd, 2018.

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Why would you have a v2? there's no sources talking about a V2.

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
When I search around this forum, people mentions waiting until “V2” because of some issues.
unless they’re speaking of a different model than this.

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa
Eatdirtfartdust buy the watch, don't hesitate. It's one of my favorites and on the wrist is damn near indistinguishable even the insert isn't worth swapping to gen as the colors are that close. For the price it's a hard watch to beat. People here love to do the 1000x magnification comparison to compare a 350 dollar watch to a 3-10k+ watch.

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
Eatdirtfartdust buy the watch, don't hesitate. It's one of my favorites and on the wrist is damn near indistinguishable even the insert isn't worth swapping to gen as the colors are that close. For the price it's a hard watch to beat. People here love to do the 1000x magnification comparison to compare a 350 dollar watch to a 3-10k+ watch.

Alright man, you pushed me off the fence.
I’m allowing myself to keep a 5-watch collection and a Pepsi and a Tudor has to be in there. This will scratch two itches.
Thank you!

Reactions: Flyin_gnome

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa
Alright man, you pushed me off the fence.
I’m allowing myself to keep a 5-watch collection and a Pepsi and a Tudor has to be in there. This will scratch two itches.
Thank you!

Promise you won't be disappointed. It's a true gem among reps.

I wish you luck on the 5 watch thing. Told myself once I fill one case I'm good in january, now I'm part way through the 3rd case.

Last edited:

aphillipe

Renowned Member
31/3/13
Had the rep bought the gen.... rep was awfully darn close.
c6efa0c901524814746e4bb2905ef7e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Therion666

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
I never understand the nitpicking with some of these reps.
I have a close friend who works at a Tudor AD, and as a sales assistant she has had some training with tudor.
she is aware I have gens as well as reps, and she asked to see my gmt pepsi tudor one day in store to see how easy it would be to tell.
I am by no means an expert, but I ended up having to point out the differences that I was aware of.
when I juggled the two around she was a little nervous, but as the gen had the tag on still, she was happy, but needless to say, most will struggle to spot the difference.
just my opinion, but my recent Bucherer acquisition seems even closer, as no date too call out, but have yet to handle a gen, but studying pictures of gen alongside the rep, I cannot see any obvious flaws.
I would be interested to know the flaws on the Bucherer from the more knowledgeable.

Reactions: Odins-raisin

Zkebam

13/8/12
OMG....I really love this watch. I need one but the only rpblem is tah I am jused to big watches and I am 'afraid' that it will be a dissapointment once on my wrist?!

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Ichs is the dead giveaway, but the gmt remain sexy for 300 bucks

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Just wondering if there would ever be a CHS version. I know rolex reps has CHS versions as new revisions released.

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
Im a huge Tudor fan, and have every Black bay there is or has been (apart from 39mm on just come out) and I have a problem with the original design of this watch, its something once seen cant be unseen

the minute hand on the GMT is a lot thinner than normal BB, and really don't like it..

Save your money and get this sort after classic (the Q Timex re edition) Love it

Reactions: Therion666