• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Pelagos LHD...

Duckguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/15
... Just landed :)! Hey, I had to tell someone who might care. I asked a TD offhand if it was something he could source, and he said he had one! I like what I see so far. I was a little surprised that the weight was not much less than my Submariner rep, but I guess that is due to just being a larger watch. I have a lot to learn, but to my eye I cannot see obvious tells. I'd post a pic but I haven't figured out the hosting thing yet.

Thanks for listening!

Duckguy

2/1/15
Well, maybe I take that back on the "tells". One big thing that I did notice in QC pics and looked up is that the bezel numbering is basically white, not off white. Looking online it appeared there are genuine LHD Pelagos with off white as well as basically plain white numerals, but it is hard to tell. So, maybe that is off on my piece depending on if the genuine ones ever had plain white on the bezels. That or I'm colorblind, which is probable too. Oh, this was ZF by the way.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
There's a thread about the new release of the lhd, seems like there's an issue with the bezel, that's why some TDs doesn't offer them for sale on their website.
We're all pending for the new batch with "fixed" bezel.

Last edited:

Duckguy

2/1/15
Ahhhhhhh. Thanks, I didn't see that in my searches. Guess I'm one of the ones that got the white bezel version. Oh well, guess I'll live with it unless I can replace it at some point or find some way to color it. Maybe I'll leave it in the sun and see what happens :).

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Bake it! 15 minutes at 250C and it will be nice and creamy. It works on pearls!

*Disclaimer - don't blame me when you melt your bezel! And/or when it doesn't work. Or when it turns green (or something equally random).

Duckguy

2/1/15
Hmmmmm....I've been known to try crazy stuff, so I will look into it. Assuming you are serious!

Duckguy

2/1/15
That is a great thread ha ha ha! I actually like how it accidentally turned out, and I'm not sure why? Maybe I'll just soak mine in some tea or something and see what happens. The watch is great, if not totally correct, and I'm not looking to fool anyone. That said, if anyone has any bright ideas I am interested in learning.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Bake it! 15 minutes at 250C and it will be nice and creamy. It works on pearls!

*Disclaimer - don't blame me when you melt your bezel! And/or when it doesn't work. Or when it turns green (or something equally random).

lol

Pseudorep

Horology Curious
11/10/18
Bezel advice brought to you by the same Ginger whom managed to bleach a bezel to bare metal when ghosting it.... Are you sure you want to trust him?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Bezel advice brought to you by the same Ginger whom managed to bleach a bezel to bare metal when ghosting it.... Are you sure you want to trust him?

Lol, couldn't agree more.

Although on reflection, and having now bleached loads of bezels (the Speedy ghost was my first ever), the Speedy I screwed up was 100% faulty!!!! I think it was coloured with untreated, water based paint or something - the entire thing disappeared within a millisecond of getting close to the mere fumes of the bleach!!!! Not that I'm bitter about it....