• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thoughts on my first rep purchase - Black Bay 58

fra11nus

Horology Curious
12/6/18
Hey everyone. Loving the Black Bay 58 - think it will look better on my 6.75 inch wrist than the original. From what I understand the v2 has better matching hand/marker lume and (possibly?) shorter crown tube. If I want the v2 from a TD, I need to go with either Puretime or Trusty, right?

Based on recent negative feedback I've read about Trusty - plus the BTC discount thru Puretime, I'm leaning towards Puretime. But am open to other input. Is it best practice to contact the TD via PM ... or email ([email protected])? I want to make sure I'll get the v2 (or most updated version), plus I also want to source a strap for a rep I got from a friend.

Do I have this right? Once he says he can source the BB 58 v2 (plus my strap), then I ask if he'll provide QC pics. When he says yes, I pay and wait for QC pics. I review pics and either reject or approve. When I GL, he ships.

Please let me know if there's anything I need to look out for, either in the watch or the process/transaction. Thanks!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
It's a popular watch you won't need to email them.
Go with PureTime as they're a Trusted Dealer... and thus they are and can be trusted. Trusty are not trusted here for multiple reasons. Use the search function and "Cartel" and you'll soon find some interesting reads.

Just go on their website... buy the item, if you're using Bit coin you'lll have to wait for them to email you the address after you've completed the checkout.

Once your payment is recorded and has gone through, it a few days you'll receive QC pictures which you can approve or reject. Known as GL (Green light) RL (Red Light)

Do yourself a favour and read this thread

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/tudor/6778767-black-bay-58

You'll find out what the main rep problems are, what the major flaws are and what to look out for. Also you should then know what to expect, some people expect too much and thus will never be happy. Do your research and you'll be very happy.

Regarding the V2 vs v1 issue... its a non issue. They will supply you V2 as that's what the factories are making, they are a high volume selller. You will get the latest version.

Enjoy.

Reactions: Dmage

fra11nus

Horology Curious
12/6/18
It's a popular watch you won't need to email them.
Go with PureTime as they're a Trusted Dealer... and thus they are and can be trusted. Trusty are not trusted here for multiple reasons. Use the search function and "Cartel" and you'll soon find some interesting reads.

Just go on their website... buy the item, if you're using Bit coin you'lll have to wait for them to email you the address after you've completed the checkout.

Once your payment is recorded and has gone through, it a few days you'll receive QC pictures which you can approve or reject. Known as GL (Green light) RL (Red Light)

Do yourself a favour and read this thread

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/tudor/6778767-black-bay-58

You'll find out what the main rep problems are, what the major flaws are and what to look out for. Also you should then know what to expect, some people expect too much and thus will never be happy. Do your research and you'll be very happy.

Regarding the V2 vs v1 issue... its a non issue. They will supply you V2 as that's what the factories are making, they are a high volume selller. You will get the latest version.

Enjoy.

I've read some of that thread but not all of it - will keep me busy for a while ;)
Thanks!

Reactions: Sonofalich

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I've read some of that thread but not all of it - will keep me busy for a while ;)
Thanks!

You're welcome.

Trust me from my only experience, it's honestly the best thing to do... start page 1 and just read. It'll take you a few hours but the knowledge learnt is invaluable.
Plus its part of the fun really, learning everything that makes the model great and what makes it less than great.

Reactions: Michu

pauwus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/19
One bit of advice I'd give is that multiple QC's recently have shown the V1 version. Not sure if there is some old stock left over but I had to reject my first QC only a week a go because it was a V1.

If you've read the thread then you'll be equipped with the knowledge to identity the V2 easily.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: lambo79