• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BLACK BAY GMT BASELWORLD 2018 PEPSI Gen VS ZF

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18
Just ordered one, I’ll post pics once it turns up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eatdirtfartdust

mayhemag

I'm Pretty Popular
29/6/17
Hi guys,

what do you think about the hands stack?

Is really so important in real life?

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Ok, this makes me realize how crappy I am at spotting flaws. I've been wearing my rep for the past month straight and basically sitting in front of a pc looking at differences for the past month also. All I came up with was the incorrect hand stack, less textured dial, sunken date wheel and BETTER AR than the gen. These pics made me aware of just how much texture difference there seems to be and maybe the slightly different rehaut height and thickness. On the GMT it's better than the regular black bay so I didn't notice. It's funny but I think the "faults" except the sunken date wheel are actually improvements to the gen. The watch has better AR than the gen which I associate with luxury watches. The lack of texture makes the dial look more black and the indices and silver metallic paint pop more. True it's inaccurate but man, this rep is a quality watch. Mine keeps 6 sec. a day time and just feels so gen like. I've compared side by side with a gen heritage chrono my friend owns and there is zero difference in case lug top brush finishing but the bevel is not as crisp and sharp in angle. Also the clasp finishing is close but not as short grain and completely uniform like the gen clasp. Has a different sheen too. I have a BB58 on the way I want to compare it to as well and a Corguet BB homage on the way it will be fun to compare with. Basically this watch is one of the best quality replicas of the 55 or so I've owned and feels just about gen like. I'm not a huge Tudor guy so I just really wanted to immerse myself in Tudor for a bit and then move them on but I'm really impressed with the quality and if you're looking to experience Tudor gen experience I think you will be hugely satisfied with the GMT rep despite the flaws which I still consider only the sunken date wheel and incorrect hand stack. Other than that I don't think you could tell though with better AR the dial is actually more crisp when viewing. I have not seen a gen in real life though.

Last edited:
Reactions: thopie

shortlegs

31/5/19
Ok, this makes me realize how crappy I am at spotting flaws. I've been wearing my rep for the past month straight and basically sitting in front of a pc looking at differences for the past month also. All I came up with was the incorrect hand stack, less textured dial, sunken date wheel and BETTER AR than the gen. These pics made me aware of just how much texture difference there seems to be and maybe the slightly different rehaut height and thickness. On the GMT it's better than the regular black bay so I didn't notice. It's funny but I think the "faults" except the sunken date wheel are actually improvements to the gen. The watch has better AR than the gen which I associate with luxury watches. The lack of texture makes the dial look more black and the indices and silver metallic paint pop more. True it's inaccurate but man, this rep is a quality watch. Mine keeps 6 sec. a day time and just feels so gen like. I've compared side by side with a gen heritage chrono my friend owns and there is zero difference in case lug top brush finishing but the bevel is not as crisp and sharp in angle. Also the clasp finishing is close but not as short grain and completely uniform like the gen clasp. Has a different sheen too. I have a BB58 on the way I want to compare it to as well and a Corguet BB homage on the way it will be fun to compare with. Basically this watch is one of the best quality replicas of the 55 or so I've owned and feels just about gen like. I'm not a huge Tudor guy so I just really wanted to immerse myself in Tudor for a bit and then move them on but I'm really impressed with the quality and if you're looking to experience Tudor gen experience I think you will be hugely satisfied with the GMT rep despite the flaws which I still consider only the sunken date wheel and incorrect hand stack. Other than that I don't think you could tell though with better AR the dial is actually more crisp when viewing. I have not seen a gen in real life though.

That wall of text was seriously hard to read..

shortlegs

31/5/19
lol, yep. Seeing it after posting it I though "whoa". I vomited words as they popped into my head.
----still a great rep :)

But if you realised it, why didn't you edit it then?

You may not even need to amend many words. Just separating it into paragraphs would help.

Day13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/18
UK
As was said above, for 1/10th of the price it's petty good!

MaraudingWalrus

Horology Curious
11/2/22
Southeastern US
Reviving an old thread - but thanks for posting this. Lots of great information in it. I wonder if anyone who has gotten more recently has further comments to add.

Kevstah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/20
Reviving an old thread - but thanks for posting this. Lots of great information in it. I wonder if anyone who has gotten more recently has further comments to add.
Just got one a week ago, it's an amazing watch. Definitely would recommand it. I'm impressed by the quality pulled off by ZF actually, everything is well made and the watch feels solid down to the clasp action. Setting the time is not gen like and the rotor makes clicky noise typical of asian eta but it's running well just above 10s a day and the 2836 is reliable (the rep is 5 years ago !).

Again, for ~$320 shipped, I think it's a very good deal for a daily beater with an iconic GMT vibe.