• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay 41 Replica Bracelet on Gen

dave9522

Known Member
11/6/19
USA
Hey all, does anyone know if rep BB 41 bracelets are able to fit the lugs on the gen? I'm not really looking to spend $500+ on the real deal. I'd also be interested in hearing general thoughts on rep bracelet quality or lack thereof. I appreciate any input!

Linear

9/6/16
It does, I use a rep bracelet on my gen and keep my gen bracelet in the box. Fits perfectly.

Here's my gen and its stunt double (both on rep bracelets).

bc62b97c73568168c0f2d0582a033c2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dave9522

Known Member
11/6/19
USA
Thanks for the confirmation! How would you rate the quality? Is there a lot of play between links/on the clasp? And which manufacturer are you using? Thanks again

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
the tudor reps are very good.
I had my pelagos on in goldsmiths recently, and was looking at other tudors, and the sales guy was either being polite, or could not call me out on it.
they certainly do look the part imo, and currently have two that I flip between as dailys.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
the tudor reps are very good.
I had my pelagos on in goldsmiths recently, and was looking at other tudors, and the sales guy was either being polite, or could not call me out on it.
they certainly do look the part imo, and currently have two that I flip between as dailys.

I doubt they are going to say ‘hey, that’s a nice fake’ to a potential customer even if he could tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
I doubt they are going to say ‘hey, that’s a nice fake’ to a potential customer even if he could tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's true, but I don't think its that obvious on the pelagos.

w_inman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/15
The rep bracelet doesn't feel as good as a gen, but to look at they're almost identical. The only issue I had with mine was the little ball bearings on the clasp popped out :(

VTOnzd.jpg

dave9522

Known Member
11/6/19
USA
The rep bracelet doesn't feel as good as a gen, but to look at they're almost identical. The only issue I had with mine was the little ball bearings on the clasp popped out :(

VTOnzd.jpg

That seems like a design flaw? Or was it damaged?

w_inman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/15
Was brand new, straight from the factory. So obviously a problem when it was put together. I've never tried to fix it, just stuck it on a gen Tudor NATO instead.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
The newer rivet bracelet looks like it fits but I tried the non rivet bracelet on my gen rose dial BB and it wouldn’t let the pins go all the way in to secure it

CanRep

13/10/18
The newer rivet bracelet looks like it fits but I tried the non rivet bracelet on my gen rose dial BB and it wouldn’t let the pins go all the way in to secure it

Interesting. I just picked up a gen rose BB and was planning on trying the same thing on a rep bracelet. Now I'm curious if my pins will be the same if I get a rep bracelet. The question is, do I risk it and pick one up anyway lol.

CanRep

13/10/18
Thanks for the confirmation! How would you rate the quality? Is there a lot of play between links/on the clasp? And which manufacturer are you using? Thanks again

Honestly, the Rep riveted bracelets are a great option. I never had any issues with mine at all, and no more play than a gen. The only real different of the Rep vs Gen is that the clasp is smoother on a gen. It's because the springs for the ceramic balls are higher quality on the Gen. This is also usually where you would see a failure on a rep bracelet (if at all) like you see on the other post here.

Well worth the cost savings in my opinion. You can even wait for one to come up on the straps section. They appear every once in a while for ~$75usd.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Interesting. I just picked up a gen rose BB and was planning on trying the same thing on a rep bracelet. Now I'm curious if my pins will be the same if I get a rep bracelet. The question is, do I risk it and pick one up anyway lol.

Okay so the gen black bay does use different pins for the bracelet to the pins they use for the leather and nato. The leather and nato are meant to go in on an angle, as in locate one end in the hole and compress the pin into the other hole. But the bracelet pins need to be a different tolerance in overall length when suppressed so they can slide in and locate at the same time. So the gen Springbars you got with leather or nato won’t work with any bracelet, try get the rep pins with the bracelet and it’ll work. Hope this helps

CanRep

13/10/18
Okay so the gen black bay does use different pins for the bracelet to the pins they use for the leather and nato. The leather and nato are meant to go in on an angle, as in locate one end in the hole and compress the pin into the other hole. But the bracelet pins need to be a different tolerance in overall length when suppressed so they can slide in and locate at the same time. So the gen Springbars you got with leather or nato won’t work with any bracelet, try get the rep pins with the bracelet and it’ll work. Hope this helps

Ahhh, so that's why the guy who sold me mine said not to try and interchange the pins with the strap and bracelet! Thanks for the info! I picked up the black bay with a leather strap and Gen bracelet but didn't understand why the pin set mattered so much!

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Ahhh, so that's why the guy who sold me mine said not to try and interchange the pins with the strap and bracelet! Thanks for the info! I picked up the black bay with a leather strap and Gen bracelet but didn't understand why the pin set mattered so much!

Yeah I found out the hard way and ended up scratching the back of the lugs lol

Reactions: CanRep

tommikeson

24/10/14
Linear,

How do you like the rep overall in comparison to your gen? I've been on a wait list for a sub for at least a year, so I am a little turned off now. I don't have a Tudor dealer near me. I thought I would take a test drive with a rep.

Linear

9/6/16
Linear,

How do you like the rep overall in comparison to your gen? I've been on a wait list for a sub for at least a year, so I am a little turned off now. I don't have a Tudor dealer near me. I thought I would take a test drive with a rep.
To be honest, they're VERY close. Even I have a hard time figuring out which one is which. I wear the rep more than the gen because I'm not worried about accidental knocks it banging it off a wall, etc.. and I'm never worried someone's going to call me out. Although since I have the gen I wouldn't even care if someone did...

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dave9522

Known Member
11/6/19
USA
Linear,

The newer 79230 reps are supposedly indistinguishable from gen apart from a slightly thicker crown from my understanding. I personally don't have the rep but thinking about getting the S&G so I ddi some reading on them.

tommikeson

24/10/14
The newer 79230 reps are supposedly indistinguishable from gen apart from a slightly thicker crown from my understanding. I personally don't have the rep but thinking about getting the S&G so I ddi some reading on them.

What factory makes the 79230 you speak of?