• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC - Tudor BB - 58

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I wondered if you could spot some of the flaws on the 58 I've listed.

I know its against the rules to ask for general help but I have uploaded pictures with the specific questions on the pictures that I have.
Any feedback or if you do spot something that I have not, that would be wonderful.

Thank you very much, this is my first rep purchase so perhaps I'm asking too much?
So please also let me know If I'm being just too OTT. New to this game :)

Cheers,

James

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
The company (I won't name them) who sent me these pictures said they can't check the item any more as it's been sent onwards to one of their agents for dispatch when someone wants to sell it.

Perhaps I'm being picky... but this is my first rep I want it to be better than that / check over my concerns that I've highlighted at the very least.

Thanks for your input anyway Slevin.

Cheers,

James

emzeeka

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/6/19
Honestly i dont see anything incorrect about the watch in the QC pics. Inform us when you get it ;)

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Jesus why do people go through all this for QC.

The only purpose of QC is

1. Is this the watch you ordered
2. Is it the right color
3. anything misspelled
4. Anything grossly wrong ie missing hands, huge scratch ect

When we are nit picking as you have OP you will never be happy. Go buy the gen at 10+ times the cost

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Jesus why do people go through all this for QC.

The only purpose of QC is

1. Is this the watch you ordered
2. Is it the right color
3. anything misspelled
4. Anything grossly wrong ie missing hands, huge scratch ect

When we are nit picking as you have OP you will never be happy. Go buy the gen at 10+ times the cost

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Respectfully, I disagree.

The questions that I have put forwards can be answered simply. The case flank having a massive mark on it. Is that dirt? Quite possibly. But it is a imperfection / scratch. Also equally possible. If QC was all about just checking the right colour then they wouldn't offer it as a service. They offer QC because they know their customers will complain if they get an obviously damaged / something wrong with the watch.

Plus why expect less? The majority of faults I have picked up are things that are easy remedied by a factory. For the rough edges and curved shaping, it's using sand paper. But why should I do that? Why not make the factories and the team that sell these products for profit. They're not doing this from the goodness of their hearts, they are a business. Therefore they can do better.

If customers criticise products and reject them, they invariably go back to the factories where they are re-adjusted and the feedback is quite possibly passed along. This is what leads them to making new versions, new models and better replicas.

Without complaints and without rejections the replica field would never progress, it would actually regress. Therefore I think you're wrong, but that's just my opinion and you have your opinion.
I understand your point and if that's your attitude and how you wish to deal with reps then more power to you as you'll probably be a lot happier than I would with flaws.

But I do believe there is a purpose and a reason to highlight flaws...

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Respectfully, I disagree.

You're right what do I know about the purpose of QC pics?

Clearly the member that joined this month with 27 posts knows more than staff

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Last edited:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
wow ive never seen any one qc the inside of a clasp before

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Seems the purpose has been the same since 2008.

And your "major" flaw in the last picture wow just wow

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/94138-the-purpose-of-qc-pictures

Do you just like to argue? I won't reply to you further because frankly you are acting like a child. You're quite inflammatory. Grow up. I have told you my reasons for disagreeing with you, and you will not change my mind. So stop your meaningless talking at me, as it's certainly not to me, and certainly not constructive. It serves no purpose and frankly it undermines you as a moderator.

Reactions: emzeeka

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Do you just like to argue? I won't reply to you further because frankly you are acting like a child. You're quite inflammatory. Grow up. I have told you my reasons for disagreeing with you, and you will not change my mind. So stop your meaningless talking at me, as it's certainly not to me, and certainly not constructive. It serves no purpose and frankly it undermines you as a moderator.

Dont talk to staff in that tone

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
LOL staff points out you're wrong about purpose of QC pics on this forum and you question if the staff member likes to argue.

Here its simple, this forums purpose of QC pictures is clearly stated and has remained that way for over 10 years. Your opinion of that is irrelevant. If YOU choose to use them beyond that do not post them here with your reasons especially when it comes to being so petty about markes inside the clasp. Unreal

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
wow ive never seen any one qc the inside of a clasp before

Obviously, this is not an issue. I just highlighted it to the vendor.

My primary concern was the large smudge/dirt/scratch/problem with the side flank of the case and a secondary concern was the bezel pip. The clasp issue, isn't an issue, as it is hidden. But does it impede performance of the clasp? Is it rubbing? Does it cause the clasp to malfunction, as that is a moving piece. That is an issue, and it's issue I have not seen on other 58's watches so I highlighted it to the vendor. There was also what I consider a serious flaw to the case. The right hand side lug looks curved. Again, this could be just light playing with the image and is infact fine. But that is why it was highlighted to the vendor and on these pictures.

Finally, a mild concern was the bezel pip, even I on the picture have highlighted that this may just be the angle in which the photo has been taken and not a problem with the watch itself.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Obviously, this is not an issue. I just highlighted it to the vendor.

My primary concern was the large smudge/dirt/scratch/problem with the side flank of the case and a secondary concern was the bezel pip. The clasp issue, isn't an issue, as it is hidden. But does it impede performance of the clasp? Is it rubbing? Does it cause the clasp to malfunction, as that is a moving piece. That is an issue, and it's issue I have not seen on other 58's watches so I highlighted it to the vendor. There was also what I consider a serious flaw to the case. The right hand side lug looks curved. Again, this could be just light playing with the image and is infact fine. But that is why it was highlighted to the vendor and on these pictures.

Finally, a mild concern was the bezel pip, even I on the picture have highlighted that this may just be the angle in which the photo has been taken and not a problem with the watch itself.

1) The bezel just needs resetting it is one click too far over not misaligned. 2) The smudge on the case side is just that a smudge probably on top of protective plastic which can't see in picture ( Look at the blue protective plastic in the crown which is a bastard to get off 3) The lugs on a BB are curved ?? They are correct 4) The channels and rough clasp edges, look like dirty protective plastic edges covering the watch which has been over exposed in macro shots . The straps on these are covered in plastic which is a complete bastard to remove .

The watch is fine . Arguing with staff who have forgotten more about about rep watches than you know is not .

Last edited:
Reactions: emzeeka