• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor GMT Experience so far?

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Hey all! Just want to know how your individual experience with the Tudor GMT ZF has been so far. Mine is keeping incredible time and runs like butter.

Reactions: Eatdirtfartdust

JSwatch

Horology Curious
9/5/17
I have now used my GMT from ZF since January and used it every day the hole day. No problems at all, after I adjusted it myself, it runs +- 5 sec per week! The look and feel is just nice, only the incorrect handstack, there can call it out. I’m actually getting so satisfied with this watch, so I decided to buy the gen. Was at the watch shop in Amsterdam airport, and are signed up for one. They told me the watch got sold out very fast and people need to wait several months to get it. So in the waiting time I have been in doubt, why spend money on the gen, when this from ZF is so good? Let’s see, what I decides when I stand with the gen in my hand?

EazyVG

Horology Curious
12/12/18
I am eagerly awaiting for the V2 version with much better DW finishing and some minor corrections here and there; hopefully we will see one, soon.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I have now used my GMT from ZF since January and used it every day the hole day. No problems at all, after I adjusted it myself, it runs +- 5 sec per week! The look and feel is just nice, only the incorrect handstack, there can call it out. I’m actually getting so satisfied with this watch, so I decided to buy the gen. Was at the watch shop in Amsterdam airport, and are signed up for one. They told me the watch got sold out very fast and people need to wait several months to get it. So in the waiting time I have been in doubt, why spend money on the gen, when this from ZF is so good? Let’s see, what I decides when I stand with the gen in my hand?

In hand the gen is streets ahead in every detail from sel fit, dial finish and printing and sunken datewheel with smaller date window. Ar coating is wrong and the rehaut is too thick and not polished as gen plus the movement is set too deep in the case. Sorry!!
By the way I own the gen so have compared for real. I no longer have the rep sadly so can’t add any pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I wanted to pull the trigger for the gmt but with thoses movement issues and flaws... Better wait for v2 (let's hope with chs).

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I am also interested, I would like to know your impressions on the clock. is it well done? how does it keep time?

It's absolutely gorgeous, down to so many important details! Anything bad? Maybe the SEL, but that's loose in the gen too, a bit. Also there is the tiniest bit of bezel play. I'm only slightly OCD so I can tolerate it.

It loses about 5 seconds a day, which is a godsend. My ONLY real problem is the incorrect HS. Sigh. And as a fellow gentleman here said, hopefully V2 will fix that without taking 20 steps back!

Last edited:

Raffaelloczz

Bode miller
Supporter
Certified
17/4/19
Italy
It's absolutely gorgeous, down to so many important details! Anything bad? Maybe the SEL, but that's loose in the gen too, a bit. Also there is the tiniest bit of bezel play. I'm only slightly OCD so I can tolerate it.

It loses about 5 seconds a day, which is a godsend. My ONLY real problem is the incorrect HS. Sigh. And as a fellow gentleman here said, hopefully V2 will fix that without taking 20 steps back!

Thanks a lot for the answer.

I have a 7 "wrist and with a submariner I see myself well, I'm afraid this GMT is a little too thick. How do you see it on your wrist?

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Other than ZF are there any other reps of the Tudor pepsi gmt? I just bought one from m2m but the factory wasn't mentioned in the description.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Thanks a lot for the answer.

I have a 7 "wrist and with a submariner I see myself well, I'm afraid this GMT is a little too thick. How do you see it on your wrist?
My wrist is about 8" and it looks just about right, not too thicc. The crystal looks super thicc though from a side angle, but i'd say it's not cumbersome like a deep sea dweller

FloridaSam

Looking Around
27/4/18
tbb1.png

tbb3.png

All in all I'm really happy with this rep. It's close enough for me. It won't get called out nearly as easily as a sub. I love the dial, the lume, the movement. I will take the ICHS in a rock solid movement over a time bomb movement. The bracelet is very good. Not great. I own a few gen Rolexes, the quality and engraving is close but not up to par. To be expected, its a $300 rep not a $3,000.00 gen.

I think they've improved a few things over the original pics I've seen online. I think the endlink fit is better, more gen like. I also think the crystal profile is more gen like than the original reviews have shown.

For the price, its better than a lot of $300.00 gens I own and better than any rep in that price range as well.

topgunlb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/2/19
Long Beach, CA, USA
I have really enjoyed mine except for a keyless issue that developed. After 3 months I couldn't wind it. Sent it off to Katt for repair. He said the movement wasn't held down in the case properly and added some parts for $45. Now it is my favorite watch.

elopezw

Looking Around
31/1/19
Miami, FL
tbb1.png

tbb3.png

All in all I'm really happy with this rep. It's close enough for me. It won't get called out nearly as easily as a sub. I love the dial, the lume, the movement. I will take the ICHS in a rock solid movement over a time bomb movement. The bracelet is very good. Not great. I own a few gen Rolexes, the quality and engraving is close but not up to par. To be expected, its a $300 rep not a $3,000.00 gen.

I think they've improved a few things over the original pics I've seen online. I think the endlink fit is better, more gen like. I also think the crystal profile is more gen like than the original reviews have shown.

For the price, its better than a lot of $300.00 gens I own and better than any rep in that price range as well.

Trying to find a Trusted seller.. Any help?

Sent from the RWI App

Tudor17

Known Member
25/8/17
I've just ordered a ZF Tudor GMT at my TD's and I'd like to order some leather strap to fit it.
What is the lug width of the case? thanks for the answer!

aphillipe

Renowned Member
31/3/13
It's an awesome watch.... had the rep and loved it so much I got the gen. Honestly the rep is pretty darn good - easiest tell is date window and bracelet quality/feel.
0b11ba3cebe8b6cc684250461260b2fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
It's an awesome watch.... had the rep and loved it so much I got the gen. Honestly the rep is pretty darn good - easiest tell is date window and bracelet quality/feel.
0b11ba3cebe8b6cc684250461260b2fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's literally an RWI fairytale ending brother. Thank you for sharing :) Someday I hope to have this experience!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk