• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[QC] Tudor GMT Pepsi by ZF

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Hi fam,

I'm not an expert in Tudor, but i've done my homework.

I wanted to buy a BB58 but with the build quality i've seen since a few days now I might go for a GMT until a BB58 (v2) see the light.

So today i've received the QC pics for the GMT, been checked various thread about it from the Tudor section and also sales forum + reddit, been tried to figure out how to correctly check the obvious defaults for this particular model.

Well here I go with a few questions, I know general QCs analyse is unallowed there but I just need some advice about the "possible flaws" i've notified (maybe im completly wrong just like my english).

-DW too low? (maybe due to the angle)
-SEL gap
-General wonky hour marker alignement (maybe due to the angle just like the DW)
-12 o'clock too much at the left
-A scratch at the backside of the watch

Timegraph results show it runs with amplitude of 267° and 5ms/day so it's "OK" for me.

I'll attach the pictures.

URL]

URL]

(Dang, wont get embedded)

Including the pack of picture with various angle https://imgur.com/a/cbSRaHS

Thanks in advance for your tips and pardon my english.

SHB

Last edited:

nsk2135

1/1/17
CONUS
I would take it.

DW looks fine, as do the hour markers. The bottom ones might seem weird but I think it's the angle and the metal not reflecting light, making it look off-center.
SELs are acceptable to me (keeping in mind SELs are usually at the bottom of my list unless they're truly egregious).
12 o'clock looks fine.

Scratches anywhere on a watch are bound to happen.

I went through the rest of the pics, though and the clasp looks a little uneven.

Again, I'd take it despite the problem.

Reactions: SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I would take it.

DW looks fine, as do the hour markers. The bottom ones might seem weird but I think it's the angle and the metal not reflecting light, making it look off-center.
SELs are acceptable to me (keeping in mind SELs are usually at the bottom of my list unless they're truly egregious).
12 o'clock looks fine.

Scratches anywhere on a watch are bound to happen.

I went through the rest of the pics, though and the clasp looks a little uneven.

Again, I'd take it despite the problem.

Thanks for your feedback, didn't even see the clasp and the 6 marker, hard to say if it's correctly aligned, may be due of the angle or the light itself like you said.

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Thanks for the image, anyway i've made my choice.
Thread can be closed.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Thanks for the image, anyway i've made my choice.
Thread can be closed.

There are definitely problems with the bezel insert numbers and how close there are to the inside of the bezel.

Reactions: SHB

AndyDav55

Known Member
Certified
13/2/18
Hope you enjoy it. You're watch seems great. I just got one in and it's only real flaw is the recesses datewheel cause of the movement

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Hope you enjoy it. You're watch seems great. I just got one in and it's only real flaw is the recesses datewheel cause of the movement

Refused it and moved to a classic bb, ichs annoyed me.