• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC: Tudor Baselworld Black Bay GMT ZF 2018 - My first rep!

Glubbbb

Horology Curious
2/4/19
Please help me QC. I don't know what is wrong with the 9 hour marker I think it is just the lighting.

Images will not let me upload here is the IMGUR link

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Lightning.

GMT1675

20/3/19
USA
Not an expert, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even allow the QC process to get to a finished watch with the marker being off-sized or weird like that. Probably juxtaposition or some lighting effect when the QC was taken. If you're not comfortable with it, ask the TD to take a photo of the dial from different angle(s). That's a beauty. Interested to hear your review when you receive the watch bc I'm thinking of adding one of those to my collection.

Glubbbb

Horology Curious
2/4/19
Just received 2 more QC pics
​​​​​​Couldn't get the imgur app to work
Will be sure to review and updated once I receive! Any one notice any issues?

I think it looks fine but I'm super oblivious, I probably wouldn't notice if the logo was upside down. But I care about getting a good watch still! Appreciate a second opinion :)
​​​​
https://ibb.co/s9Q3XLn
https://ibb.co/jznGkXF

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
as you can read in several threads, Imgur has blocked RWI, use picr.me and paste the bbcodes

GMT1675

20/3/19
USA
Just received 2 more QC pics
​​​​​​Couldn't get the imgur app to work
Will be sure to review and updated once I receive! Any one notice any issues?

I think it looks fine but I'm super oblivious, I probably wouldn't notice if the logo was upside down. But I care about getting a good watch still! Appreciate a second opinion :)
​​​​

It looks like the weird QC photo was just a reflection from the crystal back over the 9 marker. Great! Looking forward to your review.

Raffaelloczz

Bode miller
Supporter
Certified
17/4/19
Italy
I'm interested in taking this watch, what are your impressions? How do you keep time?

Glubbbb

Horology Curious
2/4/19
I'm interested in taking this watch, what are your impressions? How do you keep time?

Woops, I forgot about this

This is my review of the watch a year on:

The good:
  • Watch visually looks & feels great
  • Have never been called out even by "watch guys"
  • I've been asked "are you wearing a Rolex" more times than "nice watch
The bad:
  • As soon as the watch arrived I set the time and the hands literally fell off, I had to take it to a watchmaker to get it repaired
  • A week after owning it, the micro-adjustment screw completely broke and the strap wouldn't stay together, I had to send it back to the TD for repair because he couldn't send a screw apparently.
  • It is not accurate - I don't know how far off but it is defiantly fast by a noticeable amount, every few days I have to reset the time
  • The bracelet scratches super easily
  • The GMT hand is really hard to set, when you move it it sticks to the hour hand
  • The bezel is misaligned by half a click
  • The bezel is not smooth at all and is super difficult to change
  • The worse part of the watch is the date wheel, about 4 months in the date just got stuck halfway between days and has been like this since, this is by far the worst issue as the others can be ignored, ironically this is actually a very common issue with the gens too.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Given that list of problems and flaws, it seems quite funny to see "visually looks and feels great" as the number 1 plus point... I mean yeah, looks and feels great - so long as you ignore that it's showing the wrong time, has a broken date wheel, sticking GMT hand, scratches and misaligned bezel...

Glubbbb

Horology Curious
2/4/19
Given that list of problems and flaws, it seems quite funny to see "visually looks and feels great" as the number 1 plus point... I mean yeah, looks and feels great - so long as you ignore that it's showing the wrong time, has a broken date wheel, sticking GMT hand, scratches and misaligned bezel...

Hahaha, yep.
I knew I wasn't buying a watch that would last me forever.

However, It is slightly frustrating that they can replicate a $5k watch almost identically, but can't manage to make it reliable and functional when you can buy legit watches for under $100 that will last for years without skipping a beat.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
However, It is slightly frustrating that they can replicate a $5k watch almost identically, but can't manage to make it reliable and functional when you can buy legit watches for under $100 that will last for years without skipping a beat.
There's plenty of members across the rep forums who regularly cite examples of reps they own that have lasted for years without skipping a beat. And I think it's reasonable to assume there's also owners of gens worth thousands who've had nothing but trouble with them.

The TDs sell thousands of these things - there are bound to be some that have issues. I've owned over a hundred reps - a lot of them were bought M2M, so their age varies - and out of all those, I've had one DOA (from a TD) and around three that have had some mechanical issues.

It seems you were unlucky.

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Never had a problem with mine after one month. Watch keeps good time and did not have an issue with movement or accuracy. Maybe your TD didn't QC the watch before sending you pictures? No timegraph testing? Most TDs will check the watch before sending you pictures.

I've purchased many reps before and never had a dud out of the box (knock on wood), however, its just the luck of the draw and sometimes you just get a lemon.