• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF just get the Slate Gray Black Bay Bronze

GreyCactus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/19
Tudor never really caught my eye until now, but this watch is stunning. I can't really see the differences as well as you guys but i think I'll go for the XFV2 based on your opinions, thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Ntress

13/10/18
Please let us know what do you think after you get that piece!

dime633

Horology Curious
30/11/18
I'm excited for you!!
have you already seen the amazing GEN in store?

yup i checked out the GEN on vacation 2 weeks ago but did not get a real good look at it as i was looking for the older version ( original black bay bronze replica ) but now I should be receiving it tomorrow as it was delayed in customs for a few days .

Last edited:

Ntress

13/10/18
yup i checked out the GEN on vacation 2 weeks ago but did not get a real good look at it as i was looking for the older version ( original black bay bronze replica ) but now I should be receiving it tomorrow as it was delayed in customs for a few days .

Any news?? :)

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Z1wqL.jpg

Just received my XF V2 QC

This is truly NWBIG rep!

Camblin

Known Member
26/3/18
Northern Ireland
Z1wqL.jpg

Just received my XF V2 QC

This is truly NWBIG rep!

Beautiful indeed! I guessed the rep would be fantastic because as was the blue version and basically only difference is the colour.

Colour though... I'm colour blind! I don't doubt it, I just literally can't tell. Do you guys think the dial & bezel colour is accurate to gen? Thx

Last edited:

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Beautiful indeed! I guessed the rep would be fantastic because as was the blue version and basically only difference is the colour.

Colour though... I'm colour blind! I don't doubt it, I just literally can't tell. Do you guys think the dial & bezel colour is accurate to gen? Thx

I find the ZF V2 dial slightly more greyish all over than it should be. The Gen is incomparable, the process and technique used on their dial finishing has a sorta dynamic gradient at different angle and lighting, hence you see some gen looking dark, while some with good contrast of grey to black.

As for the Bronze colour/material, IMHO the XF should be better just purely based on their superb Tudor Blue Bucherer rep.

Also to take note, in most of the ZF reps (even in BB58 V2), the Tudor shield print are thick, making the top 2 "box" look tiny and easy-tell fake. I really wish XF made BB58 and GMT just to compare..

Last edited:
Reactions: Karl

Mark556

Looking Around
5/1/19
For anyone interested. Received my xf Black bay bronze slate. The 9015 is extremely noisy. Louder than another 9015 watch I own. If you are able to oil it, might not be so bad. Out of the box though it's very loud.

Reactions: johnlogan

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
For anyone interested. Received my xf Black bay bronze slate. The 9015 is extremely noisy. Louder than another 9015 watch I own. If you are able to oil it, might not be so bad. Out of the box though it's very loud.

Yes i can concur. I'd say avoid Decorated Miyota movements or remove the rotor completely.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Yes i can concur. I'd say avoid Decorated Miyota movements or remove the rotor completely.

My friend owns the XF and the rotor broke off from the movement. Its quiet now but need a constant wind. I just pulled the trigger on ZT due to this.

Reactions: ahaddad

the swiss guy

Looking Around
5/11/18

Beautiful, I like to buy this one. I checked with my usual dealer puretime, but they don't have it. Where did you get it from?