• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF just get the Slate Gray Black Bay Bronze

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
ZF color is more authentic, i just get it on wrist :)
181317frqca2zgrocao8os.jpg

Reactions: Sunsurfer

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Even the zf version in puretime has the misaligned bezel issue.. god damn. I bet in most of the QC pics, the ZF bezel are aligned halfway to make it look aligned.

Where do you see its not aligned bro please show me

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
kobe24
The color don't concern much at this time as bronze watches are made to look unique to its own, perhaps the material of the case matters more. Nice polished up picture of that ZF btw.

Edit: If you're referring to the dial colours, Its hard to see the difference due to different lighting. Only is to compare side by side XF/ZF/Gen

Last edited:

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
I really cant understand how did they fucked up EASIEST damn thing on the watch... smfh
Exactly mate haha! I love my ZF BB58 V2 but that bezel mis-alignment drives me crazy everytime I play with the bezel.. and no, a "simple blower heat to the bezel insert" fix won't help. Gotta remove the whole bezel and align it proper.

7G8ZBJb

Last edited:
Reactions: Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Exactly mate haha! I love my ZF BB58 V2 but that bezel mis-alignment drives me crazy everytime I play with the bezel.. and no, a "simple blower heat to the bezel insert" fix won't help. Gotta remove the whole bezel and align it proper.

7G8ZBJb

And how you do that??????

Parci73

Known Member
25/10/11
Sorry to ask but what do you mean with bezel alignment at the BB58.
Mine looks perfect or do I miss a Detail?

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
kobe24
The color don't concern much at this time as bronze watches are made to look unique to its own, perhaps the material of the case matters more. Nice polished up picture of that ZF btw.

Edit: If you're referring to the dial colours, Its hard to see the difference due to different lighting. Only is to compare side by side XF/ZF/Gen

What do u think of the dial gradient light/dark compared to gen? V6 looks like the dial is uniformally gray with no lighter and darker parks. How is
ZF?

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
What do u think of the dial gradient light/dark compared to gen? V6 looks like the dial is uniformally gray with no lighter and darker parks. How is
ZF?

Like I said, its hard to see from pictures, but I somewhat agree the V1 looks more grey from all the pictures I've seen so far. Apparently they fixed the dial in V2? Maybe someone can show their XF v2 and ZF

Reactions: Eunomians

Katsumi Yamada

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/4/18
Last edited:

Camblin

Known Member
26/3/18
Northern Ireland
Hi folks, i am new to Tudor (but i am good at Rolex lol).

I just ordered a black bay 36 and i am looking forward for a black bay bronze.
A friend told me that, in time, the color of the case changes... is this true?

Yeah it's true. Since it's bronze it rusts/patinas. If you use google search you can probably find before & after pictures. Although, there are things you can do to return it a lot closer to original colour & state.

Katsumi Yamada

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/4/18
Thanks for the quick answer.
So what can i do my friend?
Doesn't the GEN do the same patinas/rust?

And do both of the watches i posted do the same? and which is a better rep? :)

Last edited:

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Thanks for the quick answer.
So what can i do my friend?
Doesn't the GEN do the same patinas/rust?

And do both of the watches i posted do the same? and which is a better rep? :)

Read that the Gen Tudor Bronze watch has issues with galvanic corrosion due to the bezel inserts being aluminum reacting with the bronze alloy of the case if it is contact with sea water or poorly maintained. Bronze watches generally needs regular maintenance depending on how you want it to look, patina or pristine bronze, also depending on the solution used to clean the watch. Which is more the reason to buy a bronze Replica. Between Zf and XF v3, I think the XF bezel looks closer to gen.

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
But again what about the dial? The biggest tell is the first rep dial is just gray with no color gradiations. The genuine dial is several colors of gray, lighter to darker.

How is the latest rep dial? Is it all gray? Is it more gen like with lighter/darker?