• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF just get the Slate Gray Black Bay Bronze

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
just received mine..thought id give it a go as the QC pics looked pretty good, wasnt concerned about the dial colour it looks pretty accurate to me?

i dunno here it is, ive handled the gen but hard to tell the colour of the dial as it was under different lighting

the strap is pretty decent

only down size is the noisy ass rotor...

Reactions: Camblin and Cloney

Spoons

Supporter
Certified
21/4/19
Thanks to pretender for posting a pic of his XF!

Here is a quick side-by-side of pretender's XF vs GEN. Dial color may be hard to judge due to different lighting, white balance, etc., but the thing that I noticed first is the lack of space between the bottom of the six and the hour indice on the chapter ring below it.

VSC77d.jpg

Camblin

Known Member
26/3/18
Northern Ireland
Highly appreciate you sharing that photo Pretender, thanks a lot. And thanks Spoons for making an image comparing it & gen.

I'm slightly colour blind but it looks really good to me! This is definitely a watch which can appear quite different under different lighting conditions and angles etc. From the above comparison I thought "hmm on the rep the dial text & bezel colour both looks a bit dark?" but with a quick google image search I see pics of the gen which are identical in that regard IMO.

Personally I'd probably disregard any slight variation in shade/colour because it depends a lot on lighting & angle even with gen. Plus remember that this is super zoomed in, and side by side with gen. That'd never happen in real life.

But in case anybody hasn't seen it, the blue one was compared side by side next to gen and very impressive IMO: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-black-bay-bronze-blue-xf-vs-gen-side-by-side

Streetiq

3/11/16
If I would get it I would just remove the rotor and only hand wind it.. It is a close case back so it's fine for me...
I wish they have done it with a 2824.... And

the dial looks like a miss...

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
ill get some more pics -
I agree with Streetiq i like that idea as the rotor is embarrassingly noisy lol people 5 meters away can hear it!

Reactions: Streetiq

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Is it me, or does the opening for the pearl seem a little too large on the rep???? Also, the chapter ring seems to have more contrast on the gen and the lugs look a little longer on the gen. Could just be the photos though. Hard to judge on such a small sample set of pictures. Still, I love this watch and I'll buy a version if they can get it to 90% plus accuracy. XF won't be the only factory launching this model, so patience may pay off. :)

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19
Just got my XF, cant say that im too impressed to be honest, Im not a watch maker, but I do know detail.

Anyway, noise was too much, I stripped the watch and fixed the rotor with some LM48, next was the dial, it was horribly miss aligned, hard to see, but the few um was really bugging me!!!

So I machined down the decorated tudor cover and that gave me a little more space to centralise the face print.

I would advise the ZF version, I have a few from this factory and much better attention to detail.

Some photos.

IMG-0527.jpg

IMG-0528.jpg

IMG-0529.jpg

IMG-0530.jpg

IMG-0542.jpg

The issue here is the print on the dial, its way off, everything else lines up perfectly, the markers, the numbers, the movement etc, just the print.

Why would a company tool up to make such a watch and then fail to spot an alignment and then use fasteners that are too long and pull the face away from the case internally causing a small gap?

Anyway, its fixed now, no rotor noise, no misalignment and I gave the hands a little polish too.

Reactions: Karl and SuperLory

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I approved my QC pics yesterday for my XF version because while ZF makes nice watches they frequently install the markers misaligned. We shall see what it is like when it arrives.

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19
You will hate the rotor and I bet the marker print will be off centre.

Otherwise a very nice rep, just a few things letting it down, thankfully fixable.

alexpaf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/15
I have the Bronze Bucherer Blue, great watch. But wow, how beautiful is this decorated movement? I hope they decorate the a2824 like this in the future!

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
If it has a solid case back in gen, why would you want a decorated movement? I'd rather the expense be put towards better alignment, printing, and color matching.

alexpaf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/15
If it has a solid case back in gen, why would you want a decorated movement? I'd rather the expense be put towards better alignment, printing, and color matching.

I agree with you! It is not a priority. But still, i would like to have a movenent decorated! I hope the quality just keeps getting better.

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19
So got a Burka edition, are the hands meant to be bent at the end? Again from XF.

Looks like I will be stripping this one down too.

IMG-0562.jpg

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
So got a Burka edition, are the hands meant to be bent at the end? Again from XF.

Looks like I will be stripping this one down too.

IMG-0562.jpg

Crystal is slightly domed on xf bucherer so hand tips will appear to curve toward dial.

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19
Its not an optical distortion due to the crystal shape, the hands are bent. Looks horrible, I will strip when I determine if the gen is the same, could also be due to clearance issues under the crystal or the movement is sitting too high up in this thick case and they want to reduce parallax effect with the hands being too far away from the dial.