• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor BlackBay Red QC

deathgod390

Horology Curious
6/1/19
Hi,
I just received my QC pictures and wanted a second opinion on this forum.
I saw the lume on the 3oclock and 6oclock was abit tilted/slanted? Not sure if it is just me.
Any additional info would be appreciated as well. Thanks!
https://imgur.com/a/aQdr9hr

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
LOOKS fine to me just the camera angle plus xxx magnification and the watch having a slightly domed crystal .

MacPhlea

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/2/19
I would disagree - but could be camera angles - if you look at the first picture the 12 marker appears wonky (I had similar but slightly worse on a BB Bronze blue and rejected it) - I personally would reject

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Smee38

MacPhlea

23/2/19
Too clarify... the bottom point of the 12 Marker doesn’t appear aligned with the center of the shield

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Just to clarify the Crystal is slightly domed which on magnified pictures distorts the dial . Especially if taken from a left or right bias .It looks OK to me when you open up the pictures on a touch screen .

I would explain politely to your TD your concerns , ask for some more pictures head on and close up to make sure . Preferably without magnification or in a light box

However as always it's your watch if you're unsure or unhappy with the QC and if you still feel the 12 marker is wonky then reject .

deathgod390

Horology Curious
6/1/19
Aight, thanks for the help guys. I do agree the 12 marker looks wonky but i always thought that was because the guy has tilted the watch when taking the picture. The 3 o’clock lume was the one that always bothered me. I have rejected the QC and am waiting for the new set of QC right now

Reactions: drmckenn

deathgod390

Horology Curious
6/1/19
Hey guys, just received my 2nd QC pictures. So far seems like all the markers alignment issue is fixed with exception of the smudge of dirt/oil at the bottom of the watch? But the 12 o'clock marker looks off? Not sure if it is just me being paranoid. Would appreciate for any additional comments.
Link: https://imgur.com/a/3eA1TqK

Last edited:

MacPhlea

23/2/19
Hey guys, just received my 2nd QC pictures. So far seems like all the markers alignment issue is fixed with exception of the smudge of dirt/oil at the bottom of the watch? But the 12 o'clock marker looks off? Not sure if it is just me being paranoid. Would appreciate for any additional comments.
Link: https://imgur.com/a/3eA1TqK

12 marker looks OK to me (based on photo 2)

Ask them to clean the Oil mark and retake the picture - if they can’t clean it reject it....

Sent from the RWI App

deathgod390

Horology Curious
6/1/19
12 marker looks OK to me (based on photo 2)

Ask them to clean the Oil mark and retake the picture - if they can’t clean it reject it....

Sent from the RWI App

Yep, already messaged Elena to clean the oil mark and retake the picture.
I also noticed there is a white spot on the bezel around 20 and the 3 o'clock bezel markers.
Not sure if it is a scratch or what not.

AndyDav55

Known Member
Certified
13/2/18
That rep looks amazing. It seems to me they even had the markers have a bit of a 3D effect

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Good lord. The 12 o’clock marker is perfect. You are nuts if you reject that watch.