• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep Tudor Tiger Chrono or Pre-Tiger Chrono? All Searches Failed

GMT1675

20/3/19
USA
I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find any. Since I'm new, I thought someone might know -- Was/Is there a Tudor Tiger Chrono or Pre-Tiger Chrono rep made? I'd love to find one. It's one of my Top 10 watches.

GMT1675

20/3/19
USA
No replies, so I'm guessing the answer is a resounding NO - no reps of the Tudor Chrono.

CanRep

13/10/18
There's a couple chronos out there for Tudor (fastrider and grantour for example) but not the tiger unfortunately. Truth is, their next Tudor chrono Rep is likely to be the one that was introduced at baselworld this year too, so not a big chance at the tiger unfortunately.

Reactions: GMT1675

GMT1675

20/3/19
USA
There's a couple chronos out there for Tudor (fastrider and grantour for example) but not the tiger unfortunately. Truth is, their next Tudor chrono Rep is likely to be the one that was introduced at baselworld this year too, so not a big chance at the tiger unfortunately.

I was hoping...but pretty much knew this would be the answer. I like some of the Fastriders, but they just don't have the simple, clean lines that the Tiger, or Pre-Tiger, have. And, I may be the only person in the world who despises what we used to call the "snowflake hands". THANKS for your reply.

tructure

Supporter
6/1/15
No reps.
Only custum builds.
sometimes one shows up on m2m.
Its difficult to build one these days, finding a case is rather difficult.
what some people do is buy a new style daytona with a 7750movement. And then swap dial and hands.

GMT1675

20/3/19
USA
No reps.
Only custum builds.
sometimes one shows up on m2m.
Its difficult to build one these days, finding a case is rather difficult.
what some people do is buy a new style daytona with a 7750movement. And then swap dial and hands.

I had no idea that could be done. THANKS for the info. I'll have to give that some thought.

tructure

Supporter
6/1/15
One thing about using a daytona case.
The daytona tachymetre on the bezel is different.
the tudor goes to 500
daytona goes to 400

Parci73

Known Member
25/10/11
There is no rep for the old Tiger Chronos. I love this watch - a perfect Chrono in panda style - with date !

vortexuk

22/7/16
There is a seller on ebay that periodically lists an aftermarket 9420 case, if I remember correctly it has the correct tachy. Could be a starter for 10, though getting a dial would be another issue, not seen any rep/aftermarket in a long time - are you willing to go franken? There are gen dials on Chrono24, then you just need a hand set from Yuki and a donor movement, you could either go with a swiss 7750 or clone to keep the cost down.

Most expensive bit will be the dial - there are examples online for $1500+ :rolleyes:

GMT1675

20/3/19
USA
There is a seller on ebay that periodically lists an aftermarket 9420 case, if I remember correctly it has the correct tachy. Could be a starter for 10, though getting a dial would be another issue, not seen any rep/aftermarket in a long time - are you willing to go franken? There are gen dials on Chrono24, then you just need a hand set from Yuki and a donor movement, you could either go with a swiss 7750 or clone to keep the cost down.

Most expensive bit will be the dial - there are examples online for $1500+ :rolleyes:

That's a great idea and one I'm considering. BTW, do you know the seller's name or eBay tag? If it's not allowed in the forum, you could PM it to me - if you know it.

The bigger issue, of course, is the cost of the dial. $1500?!? Ouch. THANK YOU for the suggestion. Excellent.

vortexuk

22/7/16
The bigger issue, of course, is the cost of the dial. $1500?!? Ouch. THANK YOU for the suggestion. Excellent.

The cost is the only thing putting me off one. I love the look but don't want to spend that much on one, when you'd not be too far off a BB Chrono for much more money