• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BLACK BAY 36 KRF VS Gen comparison

real_name_hidden

Otia dant vitia
Supporter
17/8/19
Are you certain about the existance of the V3? It seems by reading on forums that there's a confusion of version number between TDs and factories. The so called V3 might be the V2?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6013 utilizzando Tapatalk

fuzzmex

2/9/17
A while ago I bought a so called V2 because it came with the leather strap for free.
I can tell you that the lume on it is perfect, no colour difference.
I have never been able to establish the difference between a V2 and V3, or if a V3 exists at all for that matter.
It's a great rep, I bought it for my gf and she loves it.
It will suit a small men's wrist as well I guess.
My (flattish) wrist is 17cm and as I'm used to watches in the 40-42mm range I find it quite small on my wrist.
But that may be a matter of getting used to.
I would recommend to try it on at an AD first.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Just for infos : this KRF BB36 is a gorgeous piece of rep, really worth it. As such some may want to swap the movement for a swiss one to make it even better.

Be aware that a direct swap won't be possible, as KRF puts in a A2824 with a larger cannon pinion. Switching to a swiss 2824 will involve a new set of hands, as hour and second hands won't fit (or switching center wheels with pinion, but this leads to a full movement strip down then) .

I bought one of these, wich was DOA, to put a Sellita SW200 in it and I had to order aftermarket Tudor rep hands to finish the job.
For those interested here is my thread about this, I'll update it as soon as I receive the new handset : https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=16787&share_type=t&link_source=app

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

fuzzmex

2/9/17
mrsullivan Awesome post, many thanks. I'm considering replacing the movement as well, so this is very useful indeed.
And yes, it is a beautiful rep. Unfortunately too small for my wrist, but my gf loves it.

Reactions: mrsullivan

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
Any comparative BB36 blue (last version) vs GEN?

I am very interested in this piece, but i do not know if it fits my 6,75in wrist size or it will show small.

If anyone has this wrist size, please i would appreciate a pic in this thread to compare.

Thanks in advance!!

Reactions: axel.gold

elecim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/15

I am very interested in this piece, but i do not know if it fits my 6,75in wrist size or it will show small.

If anyone has this wrist size, please i would appreciate a pic in this thread to compare.

Thanks in advance!!

Try gen

I think this should be perfect for your wrist

Last edited:
Reactions: lfarcos

fuzzmex

2/9/17

Thanks in advance!!

My wrist is 17cm, which is just 6.7 inch.
It's my gf's watch, but I have tried it on and it's perfect for me.
I tend to go no bigger than 42mm and my sweet spot is my Tudor 9401 at 40mm.
It may look smallish at first when you are used to bigger watches, but that is just optics.
As it has no bezel it wears larger than 36mm.

Repseaker

28/6/20
Love the look of this watch and especially on the leather which Is not usual for my taste. Anyone have the leather with clasp collecting dust? Looking to get one for newly acquired BB 36.

991_GT3

Looking Around
12/2/18
Dang, was about too buy this in gen too... I guess I'll do this instead!

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Those KRFs BB36 are honestly amazing as reps. Apart that you don't actually "own a Tudor", they'll do the job over gens yes.
4b2e42b5180b32637bc1b4b98ce371e3.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Mine has a gen ETA 2824 in it; the handling is smooth and it runs like a charm.
After the BB shield, it's easily the best Tudor rep out there if you ask me.
Lacking in popularity only because of its size, which actually appears bigger than 36mm.

flyinhawaiian

24/12/20
USA
Hey guys, I recently purchased this in gen and after finding out how damn good the KRF rep is, I am scared I may have bought a rep. Would anyone here be able to help me determine if the watch I bought is actually gen?

huy_

Horology Curious
10/11/20
Wanting to buy a gen second hand and had the exact same thought. Maybe you can check for an extra step in the crown? The rep uses a date movement that's hidden.

Reactions: flyinhawaiian

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
Is there a 41mm aswell from KRf? Haven’t found any at TDs sites…

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Eiffeltauer

Supporter
Certified
20/6/20
Berlin, Germany
I can confirm issue with the lume, but also the high quality of the rep.
I wear this watch every day since about 1 year. Even took it to the sea, cliff diving from 10meters and it runs smoothly ever since.

The difference in lume between the indices and hands is only visible in sunlight. Indoors no problem.
I will now look for sb to relume everything. Will keep you posted!