• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay 36mm Rep v Gen comparison (new Super Clone?)

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
No idea Chinese mandarin! , v3 look new case back engraving ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrapplebee

Known Member
18/7/17
Is it just me or are the round hour indices ever so slightly bigger on the Gen?

Oscarwilder123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/20
Hi guys and gals! First time posting in this Forum fairly new to the Rep game. I have been Eyeing this 36m blue Dial BB. KRF V3 is out, has anyone purchased it yet if so have they fixed the tube issue, and is there anything else’s to keep an eye on when QC placing the order tomorrow Trusty

Jdx

Looking Around
11/12/19
About to pull the trigger on the bb36 black. Anyone has gotten one recently? Are the different hand lume too noticeable on the most updated version (so called v3)? Anyone? Thanks!

fuzzmex

2/9/17
I received one a few weeks back from Chazing Time.
I ordered what should have been the V2, as I wanted the free leather strap as well (B-day pres for my gf).
What I received was very good, no noticable lume difference and the tube length was fine to me.
I'm still not sure if I got the v2 or v3 (v2 I guess), but to me it looked perfect and with the leather strap it's a great deal.

In other words : I don't see how V3 could be worse.

Reactions: Zwinkies

Oscarwilder123

26/4/20
It’s interesting that some TD’s have the KRF V2 Best Edition, And some just the V2, and now the V3, curious if anyone has compared them together. On the Photos on the TD websites the Shield and Tudor writing across the top of the dial look bold and 3D like just like a Gen would be but I’m curious if that is truly how they look on Watch? Also Has anyone else noticed that the BB36 Blue dial the Dial writing looks a bit thin and just printed vs., the Black Dial.

Reactions: axel.gold

Repseaker

28/6/20
Did anyone wind up purchasing the v3? I am going to pull the trigger on a BB 36 and see the v2 cheaper and free leather strap which is tempting...unless the v3 really is noticeably better?

ChronoNoob

26/6/20
Isn't the V2 and V3 the same thing? A second version came out for a short while and was quickly upgraded to the V3. Since the time gap was so short, some dealers aren't recognising the real V2 and Chinese forums are calling it as it is - V2 and V3, recognising the second version. Don't both second and third versions come with the strap as well as the bracelet?

Repseaker

28/6/20
ChronoNoob You may be right. I placed an order on the 22nd for what is being advertised as v2 with both straps. Hoping to get qc pics soon

Repseaker

28/6/20
Just to update, I got QC pics but was told the factory is no longer making the leather strap. I cancelled the order because I specifically asked them to confirm it came with both straps before I sent the money. But I am kicking myself a bit because I really do like the watch...