• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay 36mm Rep v Gen comparison (new Super Clone?)

JoePineapples

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/17
Feels great!

Good to hear. With a 7 inch wrist, I’ve shifted down from (max) 44 to around the 40 mark over the last few years.

But 36 would be a new low — or high — depending on perspective ???? Cheers!

Camblin

Known Member
26/3/18
Northern Ireland
This watch looks very good in blue too. After eating too much pizza I have fat boy wrists. Despite this I wear watches anywhere from 34mm to 47.5mm, just whatever. I don't think either end of the spectrum looks to big or too small. 36 is a good and classic size, should be fine on most people.

horlogeliefhebber

24/2/11
I have on in the mail ????

293cd9ffff2b51a3eb0f10f53cb00af5.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

crisjy

Looking Around
14/3/19
Recently got the Rep Black Bay 36mm, I have the Gen, and its one of my fav's so thought I would check the rep out, and I'm very surprised. so surprised I might sell the gen.

the watches look identical and feel very similar in hand, the gen bracelet is far smoother but I plan to give the rep one a ultrasound bath and cape cod it.

the only tell is the flatter print, which is the same for all reps, but saying that, in the light, it has the same silver print as gen, which is a lovely touch.

Think this should be added to the Superclones thread, let me know what you guys think

Notes about pics, my gen has been polished badly by the last owner, and the shiny bezel on the lugs has lost its sheen. and the rep has some muck around the crystal, which I have removed after seeing on pics

tff4fo.jpg

MGxsvA.jpg

74XHs5.jpg

FKKAea.jpg

MlWv3C.jpg

6atsPz.jpg

5ptU0o.jpg

aF7RgN.jpg

P1Pyg6.jpg

How is the lume compared to the gen

Paglia Orba

Supporter
Certified
11/10/12
Are you guys regular wearers of smaller — 36mm — pieces? Or have you shifted down from ~40 for this? If so, how does it feel? ????

I started with 42 Seiko divers, then moved on 40mm subs, and to 39mm vintage divers. Now 42 mm is only ok in summer with a t-shirt... looks cumbersome otherwise... And for non divers I now find 36mm to be just perfect. I also have a 34mm Tudor oysterdate that I like to wear.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: JoePineapples

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Very nice, thanks for sharing! Which rep is this? Also what is an ultrasound bath and cape cod?

fuzzmex

2/9/17
To Cape Cod it = Cockney rhyming slang for sod it
An ultra sound bath = when you take your watch for a swim amongst whales.

English Gent correct me if I'm wrong :)

horlogeliefhebber

24/2/11
This watch amazes me, looks so fine..
Keeps time within 10 seconds a day...

7c895150d470198448f5ddfa07be6ae8.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: dannybb

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
I am so so so close to pulling the trigger on this, but need to manage my funds carefully. Might have to pick one from the watchbox and sell it before pulling the trigger. They recently updated the movement to same as gen, which is only 1 click position in the crown. Previously it had 2 because the first click is to adjust the date, now they removed the first click totally and its really gen like now

Reactions: horlogeliefhebber