• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Modding a watch to a Tudor Sub

Noni51

Horology Curious
18/1/19
Hey guys,

I want to replicate this watch(es):

BS-W-113-Tudor-MN-77-515-04.jpg

Vintage-Tudor-Submariner-4.jpg

As a starting base I have a Tiger Concept watch:

IMG-20181207-112948088.jpg

Now, where can I source the following?
  • Tudor blue dial, either type with no date. The size of dial needed is 28mm according to Tiger concept's website
  • Domed/ raised crystal
  • Lollipop style hands
  • Appropriate case-back
  • Appropriate crown (Rolex printed)
My plan is to mod the incoming Tiger to the Tudor bits.

Thank you!

GMT1675

20/3/19
USA
Noni51 , have you gotten anywhere with this transformation?
I'd like to see the results, if you have. THANKS!

vortexuk

22/7/16
I havent seen any lollipop hands available but I imagine you could cut the mercedes centre joints out of a set of rolex hands and polish out and burrs then relume.

Good luck with the build

CanRep

13/10/18
Wow great job on this one, love it! I agree that the cheaper Rep bracelets feel a bit dodgy for Jubilees, but honestly the old Gen Jubilees don't t give me much confidence either lol.

Also agree that the cheaper movements such as the 2813 are a bit loud, and it def affects the overall wear experience for sure. But I will say that if you haven't tried the replica bb36, I think you should. In fact, I'd put money that you'd be temped to sell your Gen after to buy something new. The Rep looks to be that good. And the finish is overwhelmingly impressive on the bb replica bracelets (I've got 3 41mm BB's). Aside from a tiny gap in the sel, the bracelets on the replica black bays feel just like the Gen bb36 when I tired it on at the Ad. Check out English Gent write up:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...bay-36mm-rep-v-gen-comparison-new-super-clone

I'm personally trying to save for a bronze model next, as really liked the one in the Ad I tried on!

MrLux

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/19
Awesome!! Just now looking at Tudors myself - but that looks stunning.