• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Knew this would happen but imagine this happening to my gen.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
It’s frustrating when you try your best to avoid knocking your watch against something and this happened.

811f76e7095cd06397710b7a9450e6ea.jpg

Glad it wasn’t a genuine Tudor. Anyway. Since the gen is also made with painted aluminium bezel, I am guessing this could easily happened as well to a gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexccmeister

8/11/18

Ouch indeed. Anyway just to correct my title. I don't have a Tudor Gen. Glad I don't. LOL!

Anyone had this happened to them and replaced their bezel with a replacement? I might as well replace it and correct the bezel misalignment at the same time.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
The gen will be harder to damage.

Reactions: Nivka

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ouch indeed. Anyway just to correct my title. I don't have a Tudor Gen. Glad I don't. LOL!

Anyone had this happened to them and replaced their bezel with a replacement? I might as well replace it and correct the bezel misalignment at the same time.

You just need to replace the insert, not the whole bezel. Inserts are cheap about $15. Look on ebay.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
The gen will be harder to damage.

Interesting. Wonder how they make the bezel tougher.

You just need to replace the insert, not the whole bezel. Inserts are cheap about $15. Look on ebay.

OK. Thanks. Any tutorial on how to take out the bezel itself? I don't see a gap between the bezel and the case. Its very tight. No way to put a knife in between to pry the bezel ring off.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I would have thought so.

No way. If you think the quality of materials used in your Chinese made replica are equivalent to that of a Swiss gen you are crazy. Whether it’s the thickness of the material, the way it is treated, or something else, the Swiss made gen materials are superior.

Reactions: Maron

randomstring

5/1/13
No way. If you think the quality of materials used in your Chinese made replica are equivalent to that of a Swiss gen you are crazy. Whether it’s the thickness of the material, the way it is treated, or something else, the Swiss made gen materials are superior.

As a general rule of thumb, I would agree with this. But I’ve spent some time professionally working with “the way it’s treated”, and this is one of those instances where there aren’t really any corners to cut that would reduce scratch resistance. You want a colored aluminum bezel, you type II anodize it, whether you’re in China or Switzerland.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
As a general rule of thumb, I would agree with this. But I’ve spent some time professionally working with “the way it’s treated”, and this is one of those instances where there aren’t really any corners to cut that would reduce scratch resistance. You want a colored aluminum bezel, you type II anodize it, whether you’re in China or Switzerland.

I have to defer to you in this case as I have no professional experience or expertise in the materials used for this particular insert. I’ve just owned enough gen and rep Rolex, Breitling and Omega watches to confidently say the gen watches overall are much more durable and hold up better. The exception is older, vintage Rolex watches.

Reactions: randomstring

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Is the process of changing the bezel the same on recent Noob/ARF reps?

i don't know but its a bezel, people install it the first time. Can't be too much for a hobbyist or the local watchsmith.