• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor bb blue smiley face model with in-house movement is gen or not?

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
Hi all, been offered this Tudor BB Blue (Smiley Face) as a Gen watch, no box, no warranty card, just a 6 months warranty from the seller and a proof of purchase. As far I’m concerned, this particular model came with ETA movement, but seller stated its in-house’s, so he opened for full disclosure. I have videos but couldn't upload them, i hope these images gives you an overall information. My experience reviewing the watch is: general aspect of the watch looks fine (i have never seen a gen for this), no laud ticking, smooth rotating bezel and winding. Crown do have two positions, one is for winding and the other to set hours (it hacks second hand). What your expert eye see here? I appreciate your comments.

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
The picture of the movement is not the best but to me it looks like an ETA (or an ETA clone). Hopefully someone more experienced can shed some light here. I wouldn’t buy that watch just yet...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
So it’s an ETA and the seller states it’s a Tudor’s. Thank you for sharing your opinion. Let’s see if someone else find something suspicious.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Rose Black Bays are all ETA.
Inhouse Tudor MT movements only came with the Shield logo Black bays. The seller probably is not a "watch guy" and got confused.

Let me know if you dont want that watch, im guessing its being sold to you for cheap looking at its conditiob.

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
The thing is I reviewed the model and as you mentioned all rose (smiley face) Tudor’s comes with ETA’s. Obviously I’m far from expert and when I said this to the seller he stated that it comes with in-house, then he opened and these are the pictures. Offered price is $2,600 watch only. Thank you for taking the time.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
At the very least the dial is gen. Its not missing the infamous rose petal that the reps always missed.

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
that's true it looks quite the same, puretime has some pictures of it. I will follow your recommendation and pass on this. Thank you for your time.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Looks like gen watch. Tudor modified eta 2824. But the watch is in heavily used condition. And witout box and papers. Don‘t buy it. IMOP too expensive for the package.

The ZF rep is a beautiful watch. I can recommend it, too. I‘m wearing mine just the 3 week continuously and the asian movement has only gained 7-8 seconds over this time period. With some simple mods this watch is a true stunner.

Teaser:

c22ab5008ba99ebdea12cc08571d6b94.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: nest1

baltalemule

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/18
Since he opened the watch it's no longer guaranteed 200m water resistant. Offer $1500 and when he turns you down and counters with anything more tell him no thanks and buy a rep.

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
the seller was trying to show me the movement, trying to convince me it is an in-house (which isn't), but i wasn't sure what problem might bring open it Thank you for all your comments, i already dismissed the watch and planning to buy the rep when the holidays seasons pass.

baltalemule

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/18
the seller was trying to show me the movement, trying to convince me it is an in-house (which isn't), but i wasn't sure what problem might bring open it Thank you for all your comments, i already dismissed the watch and planning to buy the rep when the holidays seasons pass.

no problem, brother. just pointing out a little argument you could use to bargain down. frankly, i would do the same and ask to see the movement, then I would lowball and say "but it's not guaranteed waterproof!", then I would run to a watchmaker to test it after I bought it for a bargain price ;)

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
The seller gives you warranty for 6 months on the movement, but He made a comment "If you bring it with water inside, it means you left the crown badly closed." Ignorance is great, imagine if I bought it and used it in the pool, supposed to be a diver watch, right?