• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Tudor BB GMT vs Gen (Pepsi)

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
so the correct hand stack for Rolex GMT II is gmt hand on top of hr hand. but for Tudor its GMT hand on the bottom of the hour hand?

Gen tudor also gmt hand on top of hour hand.
replica tend to have gmt hand under hour hand. Since they use an extra gear mod to make the gmt function.

TheDoctor107

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/17
How long is BB bracelet? Will it fit my wrist like fully extended pelgos bracelet? If no whre do i buy links?

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
if u have any further question please leave a comment and im more than happy to answer

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Could any genuine movement like ETA or some other be installed in GMT in order to get CHS?
Thanks

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Could any genuine movement like ETA or some other be installed in GMT in order to get CHS?
Thanks

since the movement are modified eta 2836 to get the extra gmt gear, i think you can still modified ưith different movement for chs, but that will required a very skillful modder and alot of money i supposed.
You will need to mod the case for movement to fit, and also choosing the right movement to put in.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Good comparison. I guess the immediate tell on this is the ICHS. But not easily noticeable if it's not crossing under the hour hand. I would be all over this if I didn't already have the Steinhart Pepsi. But I may consider this in the future. Not bad at all.

Reactions: mikeanh77

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Good comparison. I guess the immediate tell on this is the ICHS. But not easily noticeable if it's not crossing under the hour hand. I would be all over this if I didn't already have the Steinhart Pepsi. But I may consider this in the future. Not bad at all.

Not bad at all really haha. The beauty of it sometimes make me forget about the ichs and just enjoy the shine

Vllew179

Horology Curious
27/10/18
I purchased the ZF bb gmt from pure time in November Qi looked ok but I think the bezel is slightly off and I emailed them when I received in mail. No reply. Also I’m not sure about the gmt function. I set The red gmt hand 5 hours behind the hour hand and every hour advanced only advances the gmt hand by half what it should be to track the 5 hour difference. Maybe I’m setting it wrong. Can someone send a video demonstrating so I can compare to what I’m doing. Thanks,
V~

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I purchased the ZF bb gmt from pure time in November Qi looked ok but I think the bezel is slightly off and I emailed them when I received in mail. No reply. Also I’m not sure about the gmt function. I set The red gmt hand 5 hours behind the hour hand and every hour advanced only advances the gmt hand by half what it should be to track the 5 hour difference. Maybe I’m setting it wrong. Can someone send a video demonstrating so I can compare to what I’m doing. Thanks,
V~

GMT hands advances half for every turn of the minute. That is correct. But your bezel is definitely off. FYI should be 4 clicks every 5 minutes. Mine is just slightly off when clicked to the 12 marker.

To set the GMT. Pull the crown out fully to adjust the hour and minute hands to 12 o'clock. Then push back to the first click and turn the crown counter-clockwise to adjust the GMT hand to go to the 12 hour marker. Then you are set. Pull out the crown fully and adjust your hour and minute hands accordingly. To adjust date turn the crown clockwise at the first click when pulling the crown out.

I find getting good working bezel is difficult from just looking at QC pictures as you can't tell any flaws in the bezel until you get it in your hand. So lesson learned from buying the first bezel watch that is misaligned or loose to making sure you ask to check it before its approved. This is what I am going to be doing in the future.

Last edited:

Vllew179

Horology Curious
27/10/18
Thanks, Is there a TD to align the bezel that I can send it to? I’m on the east coast in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
V~

:facepalm:
Lol buddy, your GMT hand is working perfectly. The GMT hand measures time by pointing at the numbers on the bezel. The bezel is in effect a 24 hour clock face so 6am is at the three o'clock position, 12 noon at the six o'clock position, 18.00hrs/6pm is at the 9 o'clock position etc. So at the beginning of your video, your normal hand is set to 12 midnight, as is your GMT hand. You then advance the normal hand to one am. Your GMT hand has advanced to 1am too - as measured by the first dot on the bezel. You advance the normal hands to two am and the GMT hands has advanced to point at number 2 on the bezel etc - so it's working perfectly. Your triangle on the bezel isn't totally aligned with 12 o'clock, but you can probably twist it so it aligns better.

Vllew179

Horology Curious
27/10/18
Thanks. I was thinking it used the inner indexes not the bezel to track gmt time. I read somewhere the actual Tudor can track 3 time zones and I thought the bezel was for time zone #3

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Thanks. I was thinking it used the inner indexes not the bezel to track gmt time. I read somewhere the actual Tudor can track 3 time zones and I thought the bezel was for time zone #3

For that, you turn the bezel to whatever 3rd timezone you want. Then you have the normal time with the normal hands, second timezone with the bezel in its normal position (you just have to remember where the various markers would normally be) and the third timezone with your adjusted bezel. I think.

Vllew179

Horology Curious
27/10/18
I thin what threw me off was looking at the gen omega video on setting the time zone. I never realized each time you set the red hand you must change the bezel as well for 2nd time zone.

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Mine is up for sale since it doesnt get lot of wrist time.
sale it to fund for my daytona franken project
leave me a pm if you interested. Im the op of this review lol