• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Tudor BB GMT vs Gen (Pepsi)

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Thanks. I am not local so definitely will be the same whether I send it to China or the States. Anyway now's the time to make friends with some watch shop workers. Haha.... We have a couple of ADs where I am. Might even learn a few things on how to service watches. Let's see how far this hobby brings me.

I would't go to the AD's. Your best bet is the small mom and pop shops.

Reactions: 1675Fanboy

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
The movement on mine are perfect and even better then my arf movement (more quiet ticking, power reserve last 36 hours, crown winding mechanism smooth, no sand feelong to it).
the bezel on mine are also 48 clicks as per gen, the reason for the 48 clicks is that every 1 click is half an hour, try it yourself and see, so you can adjust bezel in half hour increment.

I can attest to the movement seeming better than the one in my ARF sub. Winding is better, quieter (thought this might be due to the chunkier case blocking noise, downside is its running fast. Going to buy a rolex/tudor case opening tool and try to fix this myself.

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Hey, mikeanh77 awesome review. Thank you for it and enjoy the watch. Any plans for the leather strap as well?

Unrelated note, are you a pilot or a stripper [or both]?

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Hey, mikeanh77 awesome review. Thank you for it and enjoy the watch. Any plans for the leather strap as well?

Unrelated note, are you a pilot or a stripper [or both]?

well,i can be both depends on the situation lol. but yes, i’m a pilot. Well airbus pilot lol
I put mine on a hirsch calfskin leather strap 22mm with embossed alligator,dark blue color.
gvyep.jpg

fBIhe.jpg

i get lots of compliment after puting on the strap. I may considered putting my other watch on strap aswell haha.
Thank you and enjoy mate.

dbrd

Looking Around
1/11/18
guys how about think gmt under hour hand problem? is it easliy exposed who see this first time?

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/1/11
Finally got around to a few easy mods on the GMT
- Gen Insert and align properly
- Gen Springbars (bracelet fits super tight at the lugs and no more wobble)
- Sand and Polish the flip lock part of the clasp like GEN

Last edited:

john45

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/18
Sonoma

eVojlib, those of us waiting for gen bezels would appreciate hearing how you went about swapping out your bezel. Tools used, glue, need to refrigerate the gen bezel to get it to fit, etc.

Thanks from the rest of us!

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/1/11
eVojlib, those of us waiting for gen bezels would appreciate hearing how you went about swapping out your bezel. Tools used, glue, need to refrigerate the gen bezel to get it to fit, etc.

Thanks from the rest of us!

Of course, I used the following items to replace the bezel:

- Blue painters tape or substitute to tape all four lugs and the end links of the bracelet where they meet just under the bezel ring, the tape is to protect from scratches.
- Case back Knife and or something that has a thin blade that you can use to wedge under the bezel ring as you pry it off evenly from all four corners.
- Bezel Insert fo choice

Once you remove the bezel ring with the insert still attached make sure to save the poly gasket used to reinstall the bezel, and most importantly do no loose the springs, fork and the washer ring used to operate the bezel click assy.

You can remove the tape from the lugs now.

I then place the gasket that holds the bezel into the freezer for about 20 minutes before I'm ready to re-install it, when ready to install place the gasket on the inner workings of the bezel ring working it slowly until it fits into the grooved area of the ring.

Once the gasket is in place press the ring back onto the case and press firmly at all four corners until you feel/hear the ring snap in place.

When ready to install the insert rotate the bezel until its at the center or beginning of its rotation and center the insert with the 12 O Clock marker, the bezel ring is Gen Spec so it snaps right in without any glue or adhesive.

Simple as that.

Reactions: Cur and john45

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Of course, I used the following items to replace the bezel:

- Blue painters tape or substitute to tape all four lugs and the end links of the bracelet where they meet just under the bezel ring, the tape is to protect from scratches.
- Case back Knife and or something that has a thin blade that you can use to wedge under the bezel ring as you pry it off evenly from all four corners.
- Bezel Insert fo choice

Once you remove the bezel ring with the insert still attached make sure to save the poly gasket used to reinstall the bezel, and most importantly do no loose the springs, fork and the washer ring used to operate the bezel click assy.

You can remove the tape from the lugs now.

I then place the gasket that holds the bezel into the freezer for about 20 minutes before I'm ready to re-install it, when ready to install place the gasket on the inner workings of the bezel ring working it slowly until it fits into the grooved area of the ring.

Once the gasket is in place press the ring back onto the case and press firmly at all four corners until you feel/hear the ring snap in place.

When ready to install the insert rotate the bezel until its at the center or beginning of its rotation and center the insert with the 12 O Clock marker, the bezel ring is Gen Spec so it snaps right in without any glue or adhesive.

Simple as that.

very nice tutorial.
appreciate.
saved for future modding lol

Sent from the RWI App

TheKnight

16/11/18
so the correct hand stack for Rolex GMT II is gmt hand on top of hr hand. but for Tudor its GMT hand on the bottom of the hour hand?

Reactions: mikeanh77

TheKnight

16/11/18

where do you buy gen tudor inserts and spring bars? whats the thickness of the spring bars? I can't imagine gen being different and not being produced in china. so just the right mm sizing and thickness will work.

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/1/11
where do you buy gen tudor inserts and spring bars? whats the thickness of the spring bars? I can't imagine gen being different and not being produced in china. so just the right mm sizing and thickness will work.

You can buy them from many places such as Rolex Forum, Chrono24, EBay just to name a few with a little patience.

As far as the spring bars go I’m sure there are decent ones from China, however, I still think the gen ones are stronger and more durable in every way.

In this case it’s the thickness of the spring bar that makes the bracelet fit with no play at all.