• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Tudor BB GMT vs Gen (Pepsi)

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
mikeanh77
That‘s a great Review mate, well done!

The Watch is awesome, i was also looking at it but never felt love for it. But your Pics/Review made me overthink it :D Beautiful watch and awesome replicated!

Thank you.
I'm very glad i have made you change your mind haha.
since my initial order was not zf bb gmt but a breitling GF avenger GMT. But sadly the factory have been arrested, but by the time i'm so addicted to a gmt watch that i have my eyes on this one and i'm so so happy i made the decision to get it despite it's thickness.
Now it get more wrist time then my arf sub. Also a plus that tudor gmt movement have more low ticking sound compared to my arf sub 116610ln.

dornier

Horology Curious
1/11/09
Great review! I have to say, the rep looks fantastic.

By any chance, does anyone know where we can find a rep original brown leather band for this watch?

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikeanh77

Ronald

Known Member
20/4/15
I would say dont afraid to go big and enjoy the watch my friends. Small is elegant and big have it own league.
As you can see on my wrist with it's big bezel it looks very fine and vintage.
waBDA.jpg

wmKLX.jpg

wm61f.jpg

Thanks man!

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
a949ae7842479a84f736c010546257eb.jpg
bf471606382ff410d40f0d23d21a0e1e.jpg

Here is the bezel compared to a gen that I purchased. The font and red color is spot on. The blue is a tad darker than the gen, but still close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, how easy was it to take off the rep bezel?

TimeDweller27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/18
Out of curiosity, how easy was it to take off the rep bezel?

I have not changed out the bezel yet. I am not experienced and would be afraid to try it on my own without the proper tools. Still researching local watch shops to see if they will work on reps.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
I have not changed out the bezel yet. I am not experienced and would be afraid to try it on my own without the proper tools. Still researching local watch shops to see if they will work on reps.

Ahh. So is the bezel the gen and not the watch? May have misread that.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I can't stand this GMT, but that was a ton of the good work you did here OP. Thank you

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.

The bezel fits with a zytel nylon gasket like sub ceramic on the Tudor gmt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
a949ae7842479a84f736c010546257eb.jpg
bf471606382ff410d40f0d23d21a0e1e.jpg

Here is the bezel compared to a gen that I purchased. The font and red color is spot on. The blue is a tad darker than the gen, but still close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Gen bro and yes it does look brighter. Look coke to pepsi lol

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
hope you enjoy yours.
Just one side note for the clasp. It’s not tight as i say in the review above, but actually different way to open. at first i try open it with my finger nail lifting the flap which is incorrect, no i use my thumb and index finger to hold the side of the clasp and lift it up very easily, see the green circle in my picture thats where i hold and lift the clasp easy.
wnn6X.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

Cheers for that, I was wondering why it was so hard, was worried I'd break a nail :)

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Great review! I have to say, the rep looks fantastic.

By any chance, does anyone know where we can find a rep original brown leather band for this watch?

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hi mate, i dont know where to get the original leather and i believe the original one is Red Leather strap.
I’m not a big fan of red anyway, so i decide to put mine on a dark blue Calfskin Croc printed HIRSH strap.
the strap i bought for around 30usd with no deployant buckle, just original buckle
fBCcT.jpg
[/url]ps://picr.me/i/2018/12/03/fBIhe.jpg[/img]
fByWK.jpg

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Looks good but personally I'd go with a thicker strap. Might buy a nice reddish brown Colareb strap.

At first i want to put mine on something like hublot gummy croc skin outside and rubber on inside strap. But on 22mm very hard to find one in my case. So i decide to go with this one first and wait for the magic to happen if i can find a hublot croc skinLOL

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Does anyone who has this one know how well it holds a half click? Looks like they sent mine out already and didnt get it swapped out per my request.