• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Blue Pelagos XF v3 MY9015 Mod or Blue V6F Asia 2824?

HardWorkOnly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/11/18
New Jersey
I've been on the hunt to purchase a super rep blue Tudor Pelagos recently and I cannot decide on the factory I want to purchase the watch from. The models that I've been looking at are XF/V6 v3 MY9015 Mod and V6F Asia 2824, any advice?

Last edited:

cavernou5

Horology Curious
20/11/18
Eta version will have less rotor noise out of the box. Additionally leaves the option to upgrade to a swiss 2824 down the line

Camblin

Known Member
26/3/18
Northern Ireland
XF & V6F are the same factory as far as I know. Cavernou5 is right about the rotor noise. A common complaint of the Miyota 9015 is how loud it is, quite noticeable apparently. Although I've read it's possible to quiet it with some oil. If I was in your shoes I'd go for the A2824 if possible.

HardWorkOnly

25/11/18
New Jersey
Do you think there are any main differences in flaws between these two watches? Does one have more than the other?

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Miyota watch has got much stronger lume.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
I would go with the eta movement. BTW I have got a blue one with eta...
You can always easyly regulate the eta. Miyota not. You need much more experience and patience because there isn‘t any fine adjustment system. And it‘s louder. And eta spare parts or complete movements are always available. Miyota is more difficult.

My advice: Go with eta.

HardWorkOnly

25/11/18
New Jersey
I would go with the eta movement. BTW I have got a blue one with eta...
You can always easyly regulate the eta. Miyota not. You need much more experience and patience because there isn‘t any fine adjustment system. And it‘s louder. And eta spare parts or complete movements are always available. Miyota is more difficult.

My advice: Go with eta.

ETA isn't available anymore, what do you suggest?

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
The blue pelages does pop up once in a while on the M2M although it usually gets snapped up pretty fast, so there's that option if you're really adamant on the A2824. In my experience with my 9015, a little oil can totally eliminate the sound. Or since it is a closed caseback, you could freeze or remove the rotor if its really bugging you.