• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pelagos - Crystal upgrade experiences?

Hawthorne33

Horology Curious
12/11/18
Hi guys, I'm interested in upgrading my crystal. I'd prefer to do it at home with my basic press.

Does anyone have the size of the crystal or any tips they learned along the way?

I have a ZF V@ btw!

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
What exactly do you want to upgrade? Stock crystal ist really clear and has got good AR coating.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Hawthorne33

Horology Curious
12/11/18
My crystal has been a smudge machine. I don't know what the problem is. I don't have any other watches that behave like this.

I have even removed the crystal and cleaned it thoroughly with soap and then another time with alcohol. Really makes me annoyed.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
That‘s because of the AR coating on the outer side. I polished this away and now it‘s more gen like. Gen does not have outer AR.
Maybe you want to try this, too?

Hawthorne33

Horology Curious
12/11/18
I do tend to agree with you... how did you polish it? Sounds uber dicey!!! Thanks!

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
My crystal has been a smudge machine. I don't know what the problem is. I don't have any other watches that behave like this.

I have even removed the crystal and cleaned it thoroughly with soap and then another time with alcohol. Really makes me annoyed.

Smudge machine meaning finger print magnet right lol.
i just receive mine but still feeling good about the xtal. Looks dome xtal

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Dremel, felt polishing wheel and blue paste made by Proxxon.
Diamond polishing compound 3000 grit or higher will also work.