• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Grandpa's Tudor

CanRep

13/10/18
Just found out in passing from my mom that my grandfather had a vintage Tudor that I never knew about. He was the most down to earth, work with your hands guy, and totally caught me off guard to find out he had one!

​​​​Of course no one in my family had any idea it was valuable (my grandpa's normally just not like that), so I'm getting my mom to send me some pics to see what he had. If there's interest, happy to post them here for people who would appreciate it. All she said was that it was a leather strap and black dial. Man, I'm excited to see what it is!

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
That's pretty cool! Put up the pics when you get them.

Stefnan

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
7/11/18
Sounds good, please post pics when you get them!

Et_haz

Horology Curious
7/11/18
The Netherlands
Wow sounds cool. Hope to see some pics. My grandfather had a rep rolex. Nothing fancy, a datejust but a True rep from the eighties. At least he always said is was a rep. Unfortunately nobody in the family knows were it is now...

Is the Tudor still in your family?

Paglia Orba

Supporter
Certified
11/10/12
Just love vintage Tudors! Show us pics!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

CanRep

13/10/18
It took some fandangling trying to get my mom to use her phone to send me some pics, but here are a few she sent. Looks like a smiling Prince Oysterdate!
​​
​​​​Best part is that it is well used and banged up. If you knew my grandfather, you would smile too. Worked with his hands his whole life to move from poverty to great wealth in raising my family. Literally welded shut his car door to move the family to Northern Canada where his eventually started and ran a very successful commercial steel company. He was always rough looking and you'd never guess his wealth. I laughed to see that this was the watch he had. A total sleeper, just like my grandfather.

Thought you'd like to see them psssniper Stefnan Et_haz -prick rivers001
​​​​​​
Paglia Orba
​​​​​​​

fY7aR.jpg

fYqPg.jpg

fYOKa.jpg

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
Now theres a watch that has a story. Very nice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Stefnan

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
7/11/18
It took some fandangling trying to get my mom to use her phone to send me some pics, but here are a few she sent. Looks like a smiling Prince Oysterdate!
​​
​​​​Best part is that it is well used and banged up. If you knew my grandfather, you would smile too. Worked with his hands his whole life to move from poverty to great wealth in raising my family. Literally welded shut his car door to move the family to Northern Canada where his eventually started and ran a very successful commercial steel company. He was always rough looking and you'd never guess his wealth. I laughed to see that this was the watch he had. A total sleeper, just like my grandfather.

Thought you'd like to see them psssniper Stefnan Et_haz -prick rivers001
​​​​​​
Paglia Orba

fY7aR.jpg

fYqPg.jpg

fYOKa.jpg

Very nice - just love that old "Tudor" letters and the rose!

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
She's a beauty, apart from servicing I wouldn't change a thing. Sounds like your Grandfather was an amazing guy.

bicska

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/7/18

Bazingaz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/1/16
France
Amazing watch! Hope it will last even more.

Envoyé de mon SM-G960F en utilisant Tapatalk

rivers001

Horology Curious
2/8/18
I always think, "if that watch could talk.." Treasure it and the memories of your grandfather.