• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Side by side - Black Bay blue bezel (rose and shield)

Flaskevin

Known Member
31/3/15
I have the blue ZF Black Bay rose version, which I've never been happy with because of the too dark bezel color. I've managed to get hold of a bezel from the ZF shield version, which I think is much more gen like. It's hard to capture the difference on camere, but I've included a few photos that give you the idea. I just hope I'll be able to do the swap without ruining the damn thing...

BBB01.jpg

BBB02.jpg

BBB03.jpg

Here's a gen for comparison:

Gen

Kornsoup

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/2/16
Where did you get the ZF bezel? I have an old rose version here that doesn’t get any wrist time because the bezel is too purple and matted. I saw GEN in person and sometime the bezel almost looks baby blue under certain light.

randomstring

5/1/13
Nice photos. The new one is much more gen like- finer bead-blasting, and crisper edge finishing, especially along the inside edge (not to mention color)

Does a BB insert swap involve removing the bezel? Or just destructively removing the old one and gluing the new one in its place?

Flaskevin

Known Member
31/3/15
Where did you get the ZF bezel? I have an old rose version here that doesn’t get any wrist time because the bezel is too purple and matted. I saw GEN in person and sometime the bezel almost looks baby blue under certain light.

I got it from InTime. That's where I bought the watch.

Flaskevin

Known Member
31/3/15
Does a BB insert swap involve removing the bezel? Or just destructively removing the old one and gluing the new one in its place?

I plan to try out the instructions by @Hor-Fan
from this post: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/tudor/7141560-bezel-adjustment-on-zf-black-bay

"
The insert is installed with an adhesive ring.
rotate the bezel so that the triangle is left of the 12:00 marker, then heat it up with a hairdryer for 30 seconds or so and then you can gently adjust the seating clockwise with your thumb nail on the pearl.
"

CanRep

13/10/18
Please keep me posted with your bezel swap, and pics if you can! I was thinking of replacing one that was banged up with a new Rep, but have no idea where to start on the Tudors!

mag8

Supporter
11/2/15
EU
looks a lot more convincing indeed. I once got a blue one but did not like it at all as the color was too dark. Congrats!

Reactions: Flaskevin

randomstring

5/1/13
I plan to try out the instructions by @Hor-Fan
from this post: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/tudor/7141560-bezel-adjustment-on-zf-black-bay

"
The insert is installed with an adhesive ring.
rotate the bezel so that the triangle is left of the 12:00 marker, then heat it up with a hairdryer for 30 seconds or so and then you can gently adjust the seating clockwise with your thumb nail on the pearl.
"
Were you able to remove the old one without bending it? Looking to do a swap and reuse

Flaskevin

Known Member
31/3/15
Were you able to remove the old one without bending it? Looking to do a swap and reuse

Yes. It isn't attached that firmly, so if you are a bit careful, it sholdn't be hard to avoid bending it. At least mine just needed a slow and gentle push to get it out.
Here's a step-by-step guide to answer a question in another thread:

It is a lot like changing the bezel insert on at Rolex Submariner, so you can find tons of instruction videos on Youtube. Like this one, for instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDsxC0YNcxQ
. However, the click spring looks different on the Black Bay, and the insert is glued on. I did not have to heat it up, since the glue isn't that strong. This is what I did (a bit different than in the video above):

1. Remove the bezel carefully, using a thin/sharp knife. Keep the watch level, so that nothing under the bezel falls out.
2. Carefully peel and push the insert out of the bezel
3. Put the "empty bezel" back on, but don't push hard on it, just enough that you hear/feel the clicks when you turn it.
4. Add small pieces from double-sided tape where the insert goes.
5. Then add the insert, and be sure that it allignes at twelve o'clock.
6. Push the bezel in place, it should "click in" when you add som pressure.
7. Wear it with pride.

I'm absolutely no expert, so I might have done something terribly wrong, but just got lucky
;) It worked for me, anyway.

Reactions: Elfriede

Elfriede

Horologically promiscuous
Supporter
28/10/18
Heart of Europe
Yes. It isn't attached that firmly, so if you are a bit careful, it sholdn't be hard to avoid bending it. At least mine just needed a slow and gentle push to get it out.
Here's a step-by-step guide to answer a question in another thread:

It is a lot like changing the bezel insert on at Rolex Submariner, so you can find tons of instruction videos on Youtube. Like this one, for instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDsxC0YNcxQ
. However, the click spring looks different on the Black Bay, and the insert is glued on. I did not have to heat it up, since the glue isn't that strong. This is what I did (a bit different than in the video above):

1. Remove the bezel carefully, using a thin/sharp knife. Keep the watch level, so that nothing under the bezel falls out.
2. Carefully peel and push the insert out of the bezel
3. Put the "empty bezel" back on, but don't push hard on it, just enough that you hear/feel the clicks when you turn it.
4. Add small pieces from double-sided tape where the insert goes.
5. Then add the insert, and be sure that it allignes at twelve o'clock.
6. Push the bezel in place, it should "click in" when you add som pressure.
7. Wear it with pride.

I'm absolutely no expert, so I might have done something terribly wrong, but just got lucky
;) It worked for me, anyway.

Thnaks for the step by step guide, love the look :love: