• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JKF Blue Tudor Submariner?

Deagle58

Looking Around
15/10/18
I am looking at the Blue Tudor Submariner snowflake or Mercedes but looking for your guys help please as to its likeness (particularly the colour). Through searching google and this site I can’t seem to find much in the way of a review for the JKF model. A lot of what I have found has been discussions about the modding of the JKF watch. This usually isn’t a good sign of a reps quality, however, I can’t tell whether people are modding the JKF parts (particularly the dial and hands) it an effort to make the watch appear more aged. Or are they modding them because the JKF dials are bad replicas?

http://www.trustytime.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=228&products_id=15539
http://www.trustytime.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=228&products_id=15538

I understand that aging modification would be key to making a vintage watch look genuine. However, the aging or vintage look is not something that I am that concerned about as I intend to get one of the ‘newer’ vintage models (Mercedes model was still in production until something like 1995 I believe) and I can see from resale sites that there are a lot of these models in very good condition.

So, in summary what I’m concerned about is whether the colour blue is close(ish) to the original (I.e more of a royal blue, as opposed to a light baby blue it appears in the pictures). I can’t see anything awful but what are the worst flaws in the JKF watch?

Deagle58

Looking Around
15/10/18
Edit: What I’m concerned about is whether the colour blue is close(ish) to the *genuine

Thanks in advanced to any response

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
Worst flaws is stem height and crown guard shape. The dial texture and color isn't close.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
I'm studying the idea of a rep Tudor submariner since a few month, and, well, there is no real good option, even with moding.

The JKF option was my first choice, but after some research mostly everything is wrong in it:
-Dial is very bad. Wrong color, wrong texture, low quality print
-Date wheel is completly off (font and quality)
-Insert, wrong color and wrong font (there should be a slight serif, but TBH even more expensive vietnamese ones don't feature it either)
-Case is meh (CG shape, lugs holes, engravings)
-Case back is wrong (there whould be a trench around the bubble)

Only the bracelet seems decent

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Bummer! As I’d also like to get one and age it. Maybe fit a yukiwatch dial and bezel insert and age that? Are the CG way off, or just noticeable side by side a gen?

bukowski

Horology Curious
25/3/17
I'm studying the idea of a rep Tudor submariner since a few month, and, well, there is no real good option, even with moding.

The JKF option was my first choice, but after some research mostly everything is wrong in it:
-Dial is very bad. Wrong color, wrong texture, low quality print
-Date wheel is completly off (font and quality)
-Insert, wrong color and wrong font (there should be a slight serif, but TBH even more expensive vietnamese ones don't feature it either)
-Case is meh (CG shape, lugs holes, engravings)
-Case back is wrong (there whould be a trench around the bubble)

Only the bracelet seems decent

and what about the no date version? same flaws?

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Basically the same without the datewheel issue!