• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem Getting Gen Parts from a AD

est4129

Supporter
15/9/18
I am trying to purchase a bezel insert and band for a Tudor Black Bay and ADs that are local to me will only order them if they put eyes on the watch first. Couldnt explain why other than its policy. Does anyone know of a source for these parts other than a AD?

Tusubasa

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/9/18
U.K.
It's not a policy or whatsoever, they just make it up, and get rid of you. They are only interested if your looking to purchase a watch. Most of the staff at the ADs are not even a watch enthusiast, just a regular worker in sales business. They may even not understand why you want spare parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It's not a policy or whatsoever, they just make it up, and get rid of you. They are only interested if your looking to purchase a watch. Most of the staff at the ADs are not even a watch enthusiast, just a regular worker in sales business. They may even not understand why you want spare parts.

No, it's official policy at Rolex/Tudor - avoids having gen parts mounted on fake watches which is problematic for the maker.

Tusubasa

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/9/18
U.K.
No, it's official policy at Rolex/Tudor - avoids having gen parts mounted on fake watches which is problematic for the maker.

Never knew it was a policy, I thought they just didn't interested supplying gen parts :D

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

I would really appreciate not passing on bs information like that? None of the factories are supposed to give out parts and for most parts, it’s replacement only.