• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pelagos v6f v4

stock682

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/18
EU
Thinking about getting this one (black)...

Who has the v4? Would you recommend it?

Is the miyota 9015 really as loud as people say?

Thanks

Tatoo1

Horology Curious
13/7/17
I have the V4. The miyota movement is really loud on mine. Opened it up and applied some oil to the centre and soon realised that it was the replica rotor itself that was scraping slightly against the movement. Why they bothered to replicate the Tudor rotor i dont know considering its a closed back design. Took me a while to pop the rotor back on and still not sure if it on properly as i can still hear it although not as loud, it doesn't spin as fast.

Applied the same oil to both my Breitling Heritage II and JLC Ultrathin Moonphase which both have the same movements and they are now totally silent.

The watch itself is still pretty amazing in terms of looks but note the bezel on these is slightly lose and has a little play. I managed to fix mine with some dental floss and it worked like a charm. Still love it, and with hindsight should have left the rotor alone.

Reactions: stock682

stock682

29/8/18
EU

The watch itself is still pretty amazing in terms of looks but note the bezel on these is slightly lose and has a little play. I managed to fix mine with some dental floss and it worked like a charm. Still love it, and with hindsight should have left the rotor alone.

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered it today. I'm a big fan of this watch. I even was thinking about going Gen....but I figured I'd buy the V4...wear it for a year or 2 and if I'm still extremely happy with it I could always go Gen at a later date. I guess that's the huge advantage with this "hobby"

I was worried about the bezel feeling lose. Could you explain this floss trick in more detail?

Thanks

Tatoo1

Horology Curious
13/7/17
Thanks, I went ahead and ordered it today. I'm a big fan of this watch. I even was thinking about going Gen....but I figured I'd buy the V4...wear it for a year or 2 and if I'm still extremely happy with it I could always go Gen at a later date. I guess that's the huge advantage with this "hobby"

I was worried about the bezel feeling lose. Could you explain this floss trick in more detail?

Thanks

Its something i found when searching for the issue, if you google for 'loose bezel dental floss' you should get some detailed tutorials. Nothing complicated, get about 20-25cm of floss (flat type is better) and slide it in between the case and bezel all the way round cross back on itself and any ends that are stick out can be cut and/or tucked in either by a razor or just use another bit of floss push it in. Plus being the watch smells minty fresh! This only applies if you are OCD like me and want the top marker to be stuck at 12. Before that it was moving even if it gently brushed against something.

The Pelegos is on my wrist at least 3 days during the week when i am not wearing a suit for work. I have 6.75 wrists and it looks great, like you i will source a Gen at some point.

Azmodia

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/8/18
I just got my V4 in from my TD, and yes the bezel is a bit more loose/has more play than gen, but it is not that noticeable. What is noticeable though is the rotor as you move your wrist with the watch on. I opened it up and removed the rotor to oil the bearing but it still seems to be making a scraping noise as if its grinding on something. I will have to open it up again later this week to see if I can rectify the problem.

Reactions: stock682

stock682

29/8/18
EU
I just got my V4 in from my TD, and yes the bezel is a bit more loose/has more play than gen, but it is not that noticeable. What is noticeable though is the rotor as you move your wrist with the watch on. I opened it up and removed the rotor to oil the bearing but it still seems to be making a scraping noise as if its grinding on something. I will have to open it up again later this week to see if I can rectify the problem.

Appreciate the help. Ordered mine, can wait for it to come in.

fishandbread

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/4/18
1eb49e97e2b0eacdf8005c7bd38b6b5c.jpg

I have got a scratch on the crystal as seen above. Can anyone please tell me how i can fix it? If not, where can i buy a replacement for this? Or i should just send back to the seller and ask him to replace it? Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bukowski

Horology Curious
25/3/17
just a quick question...

if almost everybody are questioning the rotor noise of this version myota, why not the ZF?
the asian clone movement is so easy to get serviced (damn, it's a clone of the most used suiss movement ever) and i haven't seen anyone complain about it.
am I missing another notable differences between them?
thanks in advance, for your help.