• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need recommendation on first Tudor

jfdupuis

14/5/10
So I'm thinking about buying my first tudor what do you recommend as the closest to the real thing?
Thanks

Jf

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

sackjarrow

Known Member
17/2/14
The black bay from ZF is pretty good. There’s also a couple of other tudors like the Pelagos but you could wait until the factories release some of the newer Tudor watches to see if they’re to your liking.

Replicawatchnoob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/18
GMT pepsi & black bag 58 are around the corner. If you've got the time to spare I'd wait

Neuf

2/6/18
I would agree with the persons who said Black Bay Red. Great rep and also an incredible watch! It looks soooooo good in person, you definitely won‘t be disappointed. Also, it doesn‘t break the bank, so it would be great to see if this is the right Hobby for you.

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
GMT pepsi & black bag 58 are around the corner. If you've got the time to spare I'd wait
The GMT is most likely ICHS so will not fit OP's requirement of wanting a watch that is closest to gen.

A Black Bay would be a much better choice.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
So I'm thinking about buying my first tudor what do you recommend as the closest to the real thing?
Thanks

Jf

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

I love my Tudor, ZF Two Tone BB S&G

H0g6.jpg

Reactions: GROJASO

SadProfessor

1/11/17
I love my Pelagos and wear it nearly every day. I’m a big man though, it’s a sturdy watch.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Mr Gatsby

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
My view is that you missing the two thirds of this game...
Why on earth to choose your watch judging only by witch replica is more accurate to gen?
Don't you think that you somekind offend your personality as person that likes wearing watches?

Lets say that we have available money to spent or Tudors where sold at rep prices, did you found normal
to ask others "what Tudor you like more?" or "what is the most recognisable Tudor for you?"

Why not choose from the available replicated Tudors the one that you like more and then compare it with gen photos - specs?

I like Grantour for example. I like it so much that makes me wonder why i don't have it already.
I can see that rep has 1mm sorter small hands, lighter silkprinted typography and probably more yellowish grey dial than gen.
Why give a sweet about what others feel about? Why not ask a moder what can he do about?
Since i like it so much, why not investing on it to make it as close to gen as i can?

I hope that you get my point and don't misunderstand me cause my bad use of english language :)
I respect everyone, specialy all of you that we share our passion for watches.
I just get tired seen people been driven from other people beliefs (that most comonly will never apply).

Last edited:
Reactions: baltalemule

SN13

26/9/14
Tudor is still relatively affordable. You can get Prince Dates used for under $1000. Considering that's 2-3 reps, it doesnt make much sense to me.

You asked for most gen like which tells me you dont care which, just what looks the best.

Reactions: JOP