• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will launch the 2018 Baselworld Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi next month

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
My DW alignment is perfect, the biggest tell for me has always been the "22" on the rep insert. And it's the same for a lot of Rolex GMT master Reps. The 2's in 22 are slightly canted away from each other on the gen and match the radius of the insert. My rep insert also started losing little flecks of the blue coating (anodizing?) And showing bright silver underneath.

I ended up replacing the insert with one that was sourced from eBay for 65$ the link is in this thread a few pages back.

I can confirm that it will snap into the bezel and be held in by it's periphery groove, and doesn't need glue the rep insert.

I was also able to fix the bezel click feel by a light polishing of the detent and grooves in the underside of the bezel. There seemed to be some burrs and debris from machining in there that made it difficult to turn. Now it is very good and has a satisfactory click and feel.

Overall I love this watch. The ICHS is really not noticeable. The way the hands are shaped, you really only see it from about 10:30 at night to 1:30 in the morning.

Reactions: Kitosarg

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
a2c06211497f005745acaa1f4cd1a258.jpg

91515c6daade7caef5baf9f1a5668499.jpg

Reactions: Therion666

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Did Tudor produce the GMT with polished centerlink? I thought I saw someone wearing one today and swore it was polished. The whole watched looks very flashy with all the polished parts. The person was sitting maybe 7 feet away and I could clearly see the pepsi bezel and the strap which is definitely Tudor SS strap. The only difference was the polished centerlink. The reason I am asking was I couldn't get over the fact my Tudor GMT rep was kinda dull looking comparatively. :)

allanrangell

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/15
Here's some more pics of the gen insert. Some things that you can tell upon close inspection, the gen has a matt finish while the rep has a spray paint finish (probably a better way to phrase that). The gen has little specs that shimmer in the light while the gen is just flat. It is also very slightly more blue. Both of these tells you need to be under direct light (maybe sunlight, I live in the North West, maybe I'll see the sun in a couple months to compare. Inside in normal light you cant tell the difference.

How did you change the instert? Did you follow the steps eVojlib mentioned or a different way? I'm getting both the watch and gen insert in the next day or two. :)

allanrangell

20/9/15
So I got the watch and was able to change the bezel insert to the gen insert sourced from the ebay link a few posts back. I read somewhere (don't recall where) that using a hairdryer to soften the glue and a pry tool would do the trick. Took around 5 minutes and overall really happy with the results:

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Very attractive timepiece! What should I look out for on WC pics?

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Very attractive timepiece! What should I look out for on WC pics?

Date alignment and potential lume spills. Nothing else really. Most of them have poorly centered datewheels, especially noticeable in single digit dates.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Cool. Just waiting to decide which td to buy from. Mini the m2m sales every damn time!!!

thrillofhunt

Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Anyone also have the gen of this watch? Does the ZF bracelet fit on Gen? Have the opportunity to buy the gen leather version of it, was wondering if i can fit the ZF bracelet to it.

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
Approved my QC at the start of the week and asked specifically for some single date pics. Happy with the watch. Now the wait for delivery starts...

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Temple Really does look like a good one there.

Just pulled led the trigger for mine and await QC images.

Reactions: Temple

mcsleepy

13/9/16
checking this thread makes me want this watch so badly ! anyone has any recommendations on a trusted dealer for canada ? or anyone in canada selling their watch ;)

ali200

26/8/18
f1eb9946691941c358c87bcbf84dc999.jpg

Got my one today.Totally beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk