• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will launch the 2018 Baselworld Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi next month

beetleything

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/17
Hey all,

please can you check qc of this tudors gmt pepsi

First one:
tudgmtpepsi - Album on Imgur

i think flaw is marker at 6 and round (hour dot) at 1. What do you think? Any other flaws?

Second one

tudgmtpepsi2 - Album on Imgur

also 6 marker and date?

are they acceptable? if yes which one, or should I ask for another?

Thank you

Nice QC pics - which TD is that ?

the 2nd one looks pretty good - the 1st one has a wonky 6 marker... the date looks ok on both to me.

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Dont believe those are sead's QC pics

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

True what you say.
they are not rwi trusted dealer. They are company i found on some websites. With them i have to study the flaws of specific watch very well and tell them ahead what flaws i wont accept and what to be handpick. But after all they still let me denied qc 2 times so i think they are good

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Hey all,

please can you check qc of this tudors gmt pepsi

First one:
tudgmtpepsi - Album on Imgur

i think flaw is marker at 6 and round (hour dot) at 1. What do you think? Any other flaws?

Second one

tudgmtpepsi2 - Album on Imgur

also 6 marker and date?

are they acceptable? if yes which one, or should I ask for another?

Thank you

hi bro. number 1 more crooked 6 marker (off center to the left) but perfect datewheel alignment.
number 2 less crooked 6 marker. But datewheel look misaligned LOL

Sent from the RWI App

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Damn. I didn't know I wanted this watch until stumbling on this thread *sigh. How close does ZF replicate the gen on these black bay models? Seems like it would be an easy watch to rep. Deciding between the ZF Harrods or the ZF GMT.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Oh also does anyone know the thickness of the GMT? I see 15.5 on Puretime and 14.5 on Intime.

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
Just in, first impressions are that I'm very impressed, big storm hitting here now so I'll have to wait til later to size the bracelet and have a better look.

PNmng.jpg

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
OK storm has passed and no damage so I've taken all of the plastics off and sized the bracelet and am now wearing this fella.

So for me any tells aren't important as I buy/wear my watches because I like the look of them both Gen and Rep and anyone who knows me know I collect Reps so any possible tells don't worry me too much but for those that are concerned then the only thing that I will mention is that the blue part of the bezel insert is as far as my eyes can tell actually black.

This is a bonus for me as I prefer a Coke than a Pepsi but for the life of me I can't get it to look Blue in any light. I haven't seen a Gen in person so who knows how close it really is.

I love the fact that this watch wears like a modern watch with it's solid bracelet and clasp but still has a definite vintage look to it. I'm sure this will look great on some sort of strap but I'm leaving mine on the bracelet as the watch is a decent chunk of steel so I suspect it will feel unbalanced if on a strap.

Setting felt fine and the overall fit and finish is great so ZF have done a nice job on this one and it takes it's place in my watchbox along side it's older BB cousin.

Of course all of my watches have been my favorite at one time or another but this one is certainly at the top of my favorite list today.

PiTNL.jpg

PiFDo.jpg

PN5ra.jpg

fishandbread

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/4/18
True what you say.
they are not rwi trusted dealer. They are company i found on some websites. With them i have to study the flaws of specific watch very well and tell them ahead what flaws i wont accept and what to be handpick. But after all they still let me denied qc 2 times so i think they are good

Can you pm this your “personal trusted dealer”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Thank you! That was the deciding factor between BBgmt and the ARF oyster perpetual. I'll be picking one up shortly

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
So that's 3.8mm thicker than the regular black bay which is quite a bit. Looks like a purposeful watch with that thickness, Although if it was to be put onto a leather strap you would almost want one which ties into the solid end links to avoid seeing loads of bare metal behind the bars.
Still want one!

I've been wearing mine all day and part of yesterday and In can't say that it feels any different to wear than my Regular BB.

SORRY I responded to an old post but for some reason the forum is buggered up for me at the moment, post background in white and posts not in date order. Confusing the hell out of me.

TimeDweller27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/18
I have no idea bout that. Maybe you can ask him haha

I’m curious. There are plenty of TDs that can source this watch. Why chase down a personal dealer instead of using one of the big ones? I’m new to this, so I’m really just curious on what the advantages would be.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Got the watch in 4 days. Fantastic watch!!

quick question: The bracelet appears little enough? Put it overnight in baby oil?

f5c26f235d51b725aca98fed46062ce8.jpg