• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will launch the 2018 Baselworld Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi next month

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
I purchased mine from InTime on the 13th November and received QC photos today (16th), so very reasonable time there. However as you said the QC images were quite poor (see photo below).

Please can get all of your opinions on this QC, specifically:
  • 6 marker looks off centred?
  • 9 markers looks odd?
  • Are the SELs correct?
  • Anything else worth pointing out?
IMG-8263.jpg

To me it seems like the 9 marker looks weird due to the shadow of the second hand

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
Geese this thread is staring to look like a Sub thread, all of the nitpicking used to be reserved for Subs but now we're getting it on a Tudor.

I'm glad I'm not so choosy, much easier to enjoy my watches without worrying about all those horrible flaws and tells.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Geese this thread is staring to look like a Sub thread, all of the nitpicking used to be reserved for Subs but now we're getting it on a Tudor.

I'm glad I'm not so choosy, much easier to enjoy my watches without worrying about all those horrible flaws and tells.
Agree with you 100%

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Approved my QC pics today. I swore off no more reps this year BUT this I couldn't pass up.

I am happy with my insert blue to red transition across the 3 and my DW alignment
17d2e993667aabe1fba7a3d4b4b19b16.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Simonbolivar

Renowned Member
17/2/13
Long Island, New York
Here’s a couple of pics of mine, received this week. First impressions are that this is a damn good rep. Sure the hand stack is not correct, and bezel blue might be slightly darker than gen, but those things don’t bother me in the least. Finishing is extremely well done, and feels great on the wrist.
Also the blue on the bezel seems to appear darker in photographs than in person or in natural light. I think this one is a keeper.

G9jhy.jpg

G9LcG.jpg

G97Ka.jpg

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
Approved my QC pics today. I swore off no more reps this year BUT this I couldn't pass up.

I am happy with my insert blue to red transition across the 3 and my DW alignment

Haha, I swore the same thing and actually sold all of them off. But this one got me back in the game...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zolly and Cloney

Mikeyywatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/18

Looks great. Do you mind if I ask which td you got this from?

Reactions: Zolly

Zolly

Horology Curious
5/7/18
Oslo, Norway
The Asian 2836 in my Tudor GMT is one of the most accurate movements I have in my small collection. Approx +2/+3 sec per day.

A really great rep imo!

ffuhcu

14/7/16
This thread is killing me. Accepted QC on mine about a week ago but still waiting on QC for the second watch in the order.

TimeDweller27

6/11/18
I got my QC photos: https://imgur.com/a/55rPfCb
I highlighted potential problem areas.
A paint spec under the T
Crooked six marker
DW looks aligned too much to the left
Is +/-18 seconds per day too high?

I am thinking that I should decline this. Do you guys agree?

bare84

4/1/13
First impressions are that this is a damn good rep. Sure the hand stack is not correct,

Sorry to ask a maybe noob question, but as far as i can see, both, gen and rep, have the same stack?! GMT, hour, minutes, second?! Or am i missing something?!

Last edited:

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
You need to look closer at the gen as the order is hour, gmt, minute and secs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: csthe

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Anyone got good leads on leather straps for this guy? I like this one in blue but don't like the taper down to 14mm. Appreciate input and suggestions.