• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will launch the 2018 Baselworld Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi next month

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I'm on the fence about this one. Hope to see some rep VS gen soon.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Seen a gen in the flesh today, not worried about the bezel colour now, rep looks spot on to me, slightly worried about my eyes though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
tudor-black-bay-gmt-2.jpg

To anyone who is unsure about the colour of the insert, have a look at the comparison here. Gen VS Gen... Explains a lot

Reactions: elchino and thenut

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
tudor-black-bay-gmt-2.jpg

To anyone who is unsure about the colour of the insert, have a look at the comparison here. Gen VS Gen... Explains a lot

Wow! That's quite a variation, especially for a new watch. It pretty much is Pepsi and Coke in one model!

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Wow! That's quite a variation, especially for a new watch. It pretty much is Pepsi and Coke in one model!

I think they are identical but one is exposed to a bright light source. It would be “interesting” if there really was that much variance

Pyknic

24/10/17
They’re very different and I don’t think it’s the light.

Whats the the source of this photo?

rapier82

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/8/13
These look damn good, except for the date alignment. I would always ask our TD´s for numerous date pics, including single and double digit. On the GEN the date fills almost the window, leaving no space for mistakes or alignment problems. For me its almost too big :)
Here are pictures of my GEN (that i sold recently).

seems like the bezel fonts are slightly thicker on the gen

Slowlex

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/7/13
Got my Tudor GMT ZF from Intime today. Endlinks are nice and tight, bezel looks pretty damn close to gen. Really satisfied with both watch and service from Intime!

Gi beskjed om du skal selge...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
BTW, for those who have received the ZF rep, can you check if turning the bezel clockwise will produce the clicking sound? Someone asked this before and I don't think it has been answered. The video mentioned this anomaly. Thanks.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
If you need them for Nato, you can try to grab a spare Nato from a BB red (or black or blue) from a TD. I know for gen NATO, it should come with the strap. If you need them for leather (deployant), I got mine from Sead I believe.
When I bought my gen NATO for ranger the buckle has to be purchased separately from an AD

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
BTW, for those who have received the ZF rep, can you check if turning the bezel clockwise will produce the clicking sound? Someone asked this before and I don't think it has been answered. The video mentioned this anomaly. Thanks.

CCW mine makes a very subtle click
CW it makes a more pronounced click

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
CCW mine makes a very subtle click
CW it makes a more pronounced click

Thanks psssniper. So looks like its different for each and every unit. Anyone with a Gen that can let us know how the bezel sounds like when turned? Much appreciated.

Edit: Was watching videos of review about the BB GMT and it looks like the bezel doesn't make much sound just like the Rolex GMT Master II.

Last edited:

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
My brother-in-law’s watch came in, he wore it last night at a family get together. I can say I’m super impressed. At this price point you would not expect it to look that good. The Crystal looks like it came right from prof. Finish of the bezel, dial, and hands is on point and it has a very gen feel to the watch. Bracelet is super comfortable as well.

For Anyone on the fence about this one - I say go for it. Its a Stunner!

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
Just got my QC pics, looks very good. Can’t wait for it to arrive...

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Just got my QC pics, looks very good. Can’t wait for it to arrive...

Post em. Would be good to see how consistent the factory is. So far I have seen minimal variance which indicated ZF did a very good job