• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will launch the 2018 Baselworld Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi next month

ywg

3/7/17
The bezel insert is just a prototype, I think ZF will really put it together well. It's a beautiful timepiece and if repped well, ZF has the market.

Reactions: nothingelse

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
ZF already has the case and hands from their black bay releases. They just need to make the gmt hand, bezel insert and a movement that works. Dont think its that hard for them to make a good one.

The only Tudors they didnt make well is the Black Bay Dark and the Bronze Bucherer.

ywg

3/7/17
ZF already has the case and hands from their black bay releases. They just need to make the gmt hand, bezel insert and a movement that works. Dont think its that hard for them to make a good one.

The only Tudors they didnt make well is the Black Bay Dark and the Bronze Bucherer.

I am sure they will make this one really really well ;)

Reactions: Tobliteration

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
But the case of the GMT is different. There is a bevelled edge on the side profile towards the bottom. So the cannot simply use their BB case. It has to be modified.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: erekose

baltalemule

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/18
But the case of the GMT is different. There is a bevelled edge on the side profile towards the bottom. So the cannot simply use their BB case. It has to be modified.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

That bottom bevel makes the GMT case much more appealing than the regular BB case. It gives a slightly slimmer profile and should make it more comfortable to wear. If they get this right I will not be able to resist. Also really want the BB58!

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
The crown on the gen gmt is also different than the other black bays, with the rose in relief rather than engraved. Hopefully ZF will get this right as well.

thrillofhunt

Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Oops. I didnt know this. But my bet is ZF will use the same black bay case. We shall see if they will spring a surprise

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
They didn't use the same caseback for the Harrod's edition so I don't understand the paranoia surrounding the GMT release using the same BB case or crown.

randomstring

5/1/13
It’s one more machining op to the case. Not a big deal in terms of development time or added expense.

JunioVB

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/8/18
Eu
I believe we will need a couple of versions before get it accurate as it should...

thrillofhunt

Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Its not paranoia, its cos the factories always f up something where you least expect them to.

Reactions: preppyr6