• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay Blue

Flaskevin

Known Member
31/3/15
Has aynone seen a side-by-side comparison of the rep and gen blue Black Bay (shield version)? How close is the bezel color?

I have the rose version, and I find the bezel on my rep too dark.

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
The new blue bezel ones are all same as gen. Its should be a little glossy. The older generation blue bezel ones all had the matte bezel which is wrong.

Flaskevin

Known Member
31/3/15
The new blue bezel ones are all same as gen. Its should be a little glossy. The older generation blue bezel ones all had the matte bezel which is wrong.

Thanks, mate. I'll see if I can get hold of a new bezel insert, and upgrade my watch. :)

DARKEST

5/4/06

There used to be a thread on the blue bezel and I never really got to find out if Zf did upgrade the blue bezel colour/finish to match the gen so this news is good. Any pics of side by side?

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
There used to be a thread on the blue bezel and I never really got to find out if Zf did upgrade the blue bezel colour/finish to match the gen so this news is good. Any pics of side by side?

+1. Is the Blue Black Bay considered a Super Rep like the Red version?

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
To me, with the new and accurate bezel insert, it should be a super rep.

Thank you so much, my friend. Appreciate the input. By chance, do you have a link to the rep with the new and accurate bezel insert?

DARKEST

5/4/06
I have not seen on any td website the description of upgraded blue color bezel forzf blackbay

thrillofhunt

Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
I have not seen on any td website the description of upgraded blue color bezel forzf blackbay
It was a "quiet" upgrade. ZF bought the gen blue and realised their blue insert was wrong all along and updated it. The first updated insert appear on the BB Shield Blue. Then subsequently the Rose model got updated too. Trust me the blue insert colour is 99% same as gen nos.

Flaskevin

Known Member
31/3/15

When they released the rep of the shield model, it was said that the bezel color was much better than that on the rose model rep.

zumafan69

Known Member
13/7/16
Can anyone confirm that the rose model is 11mm thick vs the 14.8mm of the shield model. Are the dials of comparable quality?

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
My apologies. I was referring to the dial, and whether the markers are exactly aligned. My eyes appear to be playing trick on me, and so I cannot tell. I was curious for input as to it. Is that allowed?

thrillofhunt

Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
My apologies. I was referring to the dial, and whether the markers are exactly aligned. My eyes appear to be playing trick on me, and so I cannot tell. I was curious for input as to it. Is that allowed?
Its good