• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fantasy Black Bay Build

$$Bone$$

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/11/17
So I recently got a Corgeut Black Bay case and a 2836 clone from a friend of mine in a trade. I had always been interested in the black bay, and I'd tried them on at the AD, but I was never able to pick a color. I liked the blue, red, and black, but I always wore steel watches with black dials, so the colors felt intimidating. After a few weeks of seeing that case sitting in my parts bin, I decided to make something out of it. I found a set of dial and hands from Raffles, and a sterile ranger bracelet on the bay, logged into paypal, and played the waiting game. More time went by until one day I had all of my parts together, and set to putting together my first Tudor rep. It went together without a hitch, and I'm pretty pleased with this inexpensive build. I'ts not perfect, the springbar holes are closer to the case than gen, and sapphire is a different shape and has no AR, but it runs beautifully and it convinced me to buy a ZF Red Rose and now I'm thinking about getting a ZF Only Watch. Thanks for reading, enjoy!

siSNf4Z.jpg

gy6sD30.jpg

Reactions: tienbang

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
So I recently got a Corgeut Black Bay case and a 2836 clone from a friend of mine in a trade. I had always been interested in the black bay, and I'd tried them on at the AD, but I was never able to pick a color. I liked the blue, red, and black, but I always wore steel watches with black dials, so the colors felt intimidating. After a few weeks of seeing that case sitting in my parts bin, I decided to make something out of it. I found a set of dial and hands from Raffles, and a sterile ranger bracelet on the bay, logged into paypal, and played the waiting game. More time went by until one day I had all of my parts together, and set to putting together my first Tudor rep. It went together without a hitch, and I'm pretty pleased with this inexpensive build. I'ts not perfect, the springbar holes are closer to the case than gen, and sapphire is a different shape and has no AR, but it runs beautifully and it convinced me to buy a ZF Red Rose and now I'm thinking about getting a ZF Only Watch. Thanks for reading, enjoy!

siSNf4Z.jpg

gy6sD30.jpg

OP, pics are not showing if you use imgur. Try another hosting site or upload via tapatalk. postimages.org is a good site that works. You can upload you imgur url's right to it. Good Luck!!!

$$Bone$$

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/11/17
OP, pics are not showing if you use imgur. Try another hosting site or upload via tapatalk. postimages.org is a good site that works. You can upload you imgur url's right to it. Good Luck!!!

Strange, I can see them but I'll try again.

ac8e14fb1bd39e10edaa059e9b1d8e2f.jpg

c767b06ed356386eff051a9e5a0c03f1.jpg

Reactions: solipsistic

solipsistic

22/10/11

Nicely done. I got a PVD Corgeut case and movement a while back and you may have inspired me to throw it together.

One thing I've found with my case is that the water resistance sucks--have you pressure tested your case set? It took me some work (gasket swap) to even get to 3ATM :/.

$$Bone$$

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/11/17
Nicely done. I got a PVD Corgeut case and movement a while back and you may have inspired me to throw it together.

One thing I've found with my case is that the water resistance sucks--have you pressure tested your case set? It took me some work (gasket swap) to even get to 3ATM :/.

Thank you! I haven't tested it, but it holds up to hand washing, which is as close as my mechanical watches ever get to diving.
I have greased the seals, so hopefully it holds up for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyknic

24/10/17
hey - lovely little build there!

Why are you going for the rose version?

$$Bone$$

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/11/17
hey - lovely little build there!

Why are you going for the rose version?
Thanks!
I like the thinner case back and the vintage look of the dial, plus I don't hide the fact that I'm wearing a rep so the logo being a little off doesn't bother me. The shield is more clean, I think if I get the blue version it will be shield.

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Such a nice piece! I wonder how did you keep yourself in order to give him some patina, I could not resist if I was you ...

Mahtze72

28/8/10
Spain
Fantastic work, really a credit work and patience. Would love to see more pics...particularly back shot. Cheers.